START IGNIT CB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
dbflr

Joined: 26 Apr 2015
Location: PA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: START IGNIT CB Reply with quote

i wanted to stay out of but you just keep going...

what "useful to know information" you are stating ? that it's ok to rotate the engine and then
"simply unground the P lead " ? you never heard about M-14P with M-9F kicking back and reversing rotation because KP-4716 did not engage to spool it to sufficiently high RPM ?

doesn't M9-35 magneto still have 25 deg. advance below 800RPM ? you know what such reversal does to electric starter and gear ring teeth ? can show.

why those russians mounted PK-45 ignition unit there if you can "simply unground the P lead " ?

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: START IGNIT CB Reply with quote

FACT- The Russians never did it. It was aN afterthought creation of the Aerostar factory back in 2000 when they decided to build the Yak52TW, which was essentially a US design to begin with.

People were having difficulty starting the TW’s with PF engines with -35 mags. They were trying to start them like a stock 52 with M9F mags. That didn’t work. Once they figured out how to properly start the engine with -35 mags, the p-lead booster was irrelevant.
Dennis

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, at 5:30 PM, dbflr <le_vix(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

i wanted to stay out of but you just keep going...

what "useful to know information" you are stating ? that it's ok to rotate the engine and then
"simply unground the P lead " ? you never heard about M-14P with M-9F kicking back and reversing rotation because KP-4716 did not engage to spool it to sufficiently high RPM ?

doesn't M9-35 magneto still have 25 deg. advance below 800RPM ? you know what such reversal does to electric starter and gear ring teeth ? can show.

why those russians mounted PK-45 ignition unit there if you can "simply unground the P lead " ?

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
johnrobertnolan(at)gmail.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: START IGNIT CB Reply with quote

Agreed,

Both these men have always freely given their expert advice and have helped hundreds.
Regards,
John Nolan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, at 9:59 AM, A. Dennis Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net> wrote:

AND Mark Bitterlich is also an expert who has helped hundreds of people on this list when they've had issues. Especially when it comes to electrical issues.
Dennis

On Saturday, April 18, 2020, 11:25:35 AM EDT, mark bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com> wrote:

And at least you're an "expert" and not an ass-hat Dennis. Just sayin. Have a nice day and remember the next time some poor soul calls you for help FOR FREE that not all people are as rude and obnoxious as this troll.

And yes Dennis is an expert who has taught classes on these engines and airframes WORLD WIDE.
I'm just a retired Marine.

Mark Bitterlich
New Bern N.C. (EWN)
First hangar on the left dbflr