Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: wing transport suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russk50(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Fwd: wing transport suggestions Reply with quote

Begin forwarded message:
Quote:
From: Russ Kinne <russk50(at)gmail.com (russk50(at)gmail.com)>
Subject: Re: wing transport suggestions
Date: February 11, 2020 at 9:14:34 PM EST
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Jaydub -I’ve only transported wings once so Im no expert. But I put one wing (Xtra) at a time top of my Subaru (Outback),
on movers’ blankets, and it workt fine. Better I think would be against trailer’s vertical wall, tied so it won’t sway and
bang, leading edge down. If it has VG’s be SURE you dont let them punch a hole in the fabric, and check the load
every 100 miles or so. Good Luck!
Quote:
Russ K
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2020, at 7:56 PM, jaydub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com (bearhawk(at)gmx.com)> wrote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "jaydub" <bearhawk(at)gmx.com (bearhawk(at)gmx.com)>It looks like Friday I go to pickup a Firestar project. It has everything but the fuselage. What is the best way to transport the wings? They are covered and I believe the ailerons are still attached.I have a minivan and a 5'x10' trailer (see attachment, I will remove the mesh ramp). I am planning on putting the engine, prop, nose pod, etc in the van. My trailer is not enclosed but it does have sides that come up about 3' with some boards covering steel. I can either lay one wing down on the floor (with foamboard or a mattress underneath) then put something between the other one on top of that. Then I can strap it down somehow. The other option would be to have foamboard or other protection along the sidewall and on the floor and stand the wing up, put a layer between them and put the next wing beside it, another layer of protection on the outside of that wing and strap it in somehow. The third option would be to stand one wing up along one side and the other along the other side by itself. I'm not certain any of those are the best option.For those of you who have transported loose wings, what suggestions would you have with what I have to work with?Thanks,JayRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=494771#494771Attachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/trailer_706.jpg

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: