first flight

freddythek10(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

Sent from my iPhone

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Well done Fred! At last! I look forward to hearing how well she flies. One step at time. I used exhaust extraction on my Long EZ to cool the IO-320,
works well, 10 minutes full throttle on ground not a problem. Cooling on Europas depends a lot on letting the hot air out more than getting enough in.
Graham

Quote:
On 4 Nov 2019, at 17:49, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

Sent from my iPhone

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Congrats!  Well Done!

Must be an incredible feeling after all these years of craftsmanship

Pics, we want pics! Smile
Raising a glass,
Pete Smile

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 12:58 PM Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)>

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

Sent from my iPhone
===========
br> fts!)
r> > rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Fred, Many congratulations. A small write up and pictures for the magazine would be good.
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2019-11-04 17:49, Fred Klein wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)>

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I'm limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

Sent from my iPhone
.matronics.com/contribution
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

ptag.dev(at)talktalk.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Well Done Fred. Seems that I have had connections from you for an eternity. Pleased you made it although briefly.
Regards
Bob H ……..retiree from G-PTAG!

On 2019-11-04 17:49, Fred Klein wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I'm limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward... Fred, A-194 Sent from my iPhone .matronics.com/contributionttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listics.com
0
Quote:
1
Quote:
2
Quote:
3
Quote:
4

peterandbettyharrod(at)ic
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Dear Fred, Many congratulations from Scotland UK
,you must be very happy after all these years working towards the great day.

Regards, Peter . Please note my new email address:
peterandbettyharrod(at)icloud.com (peterandbettyharrod(at)icloud.com)

Quote:
On 4 Nov 2019, at 17:49, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)>Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...Fred, A-194Sent from my iPhone http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listhttp://wiki.matronics.com

carlp101

Joined: 07 Mar 2016

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: first flight Reply with quote

Well done Fred. Now the fun begins Smile

kingsnjan(at)westnet.com.
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Fred,

Hearty congratulations from Oz.   I have been following your build for
quite some time now so am delighted to know that Miz E has now ruffled
her feathers!

Hope your heating problem will ironed out shortly and that you soon get
to experience the joy that flying a Europa can bring.

All the best from Down Under.

Kingsley

On 05.11.19 3:49 am, Fred Klein wrote:
Quote:

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time.

spcialeffects

Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Location: Kent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: first flight Reply with quote

Many congratulations, a memorable day indeed.

johnwigney(at)windstream.
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: First flight Reply with quote

Hi Fred,
Very well done. I think the last time we saw each other was at Rough River in 2010 when you were able to take a ride in my N262WF. You have put a lot of effort into your bird. Now is the time to enjoy it.
Cheers, John
[img]cid:part1.17DF742B.807CA57B(at)windstream.net[/img]

Quote:
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)
Subject: first flight
Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With
my laptop in the shop, Im limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine
overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we
call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

idmafnlccddjgjcc.png
 Filesize:  612.31 KB
 Viewed:  9116 Time(s)

idmafnlccddjgjcc.png

Back to top
rehn(at)rockisland.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Fred, congrats!!
Nice to know I’ll have some company in the NW.
We’re in Arizona so probably won’t see you till spring
Anyway, beautiful plane, great build!
Jerry
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:56 AM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

Sent from my iPhone

DuaneFamly(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: first flight Reply with quote

Jerry Reynolds,
Was wondering where in Arizona you might be. My wife and I will be moving to the Chandler area I was wondering if there are any other Europa flyers around?
Mike Duane N377EA
EUROPA XS Conventional gear.
Jabiru 3300A
Sensenich prop.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, at 8:58 AM, Jerry Rehn <rehn(at)rockisland.com> wrote:

Fred, congrats!!
Nice to know I’ll have some company in the NW.
We’re in Arizona so probably won’t see you till spring
Anyway, beautiful plane, great build!
Jerry
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:56 AM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With my laptop in the shop, I’m limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...
>
> Fred, A-194
>
> Sent from my iPhone

budyerly@msn.com

Joined: 05 Oct 2019
Location: Florida USA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: First flight Reply with quote

Fred,
Way to go. It has been a long road, and the flight test time is the best. Fixing small things, making adjustments and finally getting everything just right is my relaxation. Fall weather can be a problem but at least you’re are not sweating your butt off.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)
Gents...On Nov. 1st, N194XS left the surly bonds of earth for the first time. With
my laptop in the shop, Im limited to single digit tapping on my phone...engine
overheating attributed to lengthy tuned exhaust under the cowl...(hey...we
call it *experimental aviation*)...onward...

Fred, A-194

idmafnlccddjgjcc.png
 Filesize:  612.31 KB
 Viewed:  9086 Time(s)

idmafnlccddjgjcc.png

h&jeuropa

Joined: 07 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: first flight Reply with quote

Fred,

Congratulations! It’s been a great journey and now the next part starts. Enjoy!

Jim & Heather

spcialeffects

Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Location: Kent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: first flight Reply with quote