Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck Starboard wing on XS Mono

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparigoris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Stuck Starboard wing on XS Mono Reply with quote

Hi Group

Yesterday was working on fitting flap root extension to fuse. We rigged wings and when it was time to remove, the Starboard wing was pretty stuck. Two of us couldn't get it lose. We tried both spar pins in a little less than half way, only one or the other, no spar pins and trying to even pull Port wing out a little. Fuse was in cradle dolly not on trailer. We have 2 pump jacks where we tried to support Port tip, even a little lift on both wings. Just plain stuck. The wing root fairings aren't on yet so a prybar pushing on reinforced fuse spar hole and wing root with two 1/8" aluminium load spreaders pulled it out. Most liklely 4 people would have gotten it out. Question, anyone have any idea how to pull out a stuck Starboard wing on a XS Mono with wing root fairings installed? After the thing got stuck, we pulled both wings in and out more than half a dozen times fitting flaps with no problem. Ron P.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
rparigoris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck Starboard wing on XS Mono Reply with quote

Hi Group

I spoke with Bud and sanded down lift pins, flap drive pins and spar pins. I started with 500 grit and worked up to 3,000 grit, then buffed with white compound. The finish on a number of pins was less than beautiful when I began. I chamfered lift pin sockets with a 100 degree countersink then rounded with 240 grit sandpaper. Also lightly greased all with #22. I checked all my guides and ramps for spars and all seemed OK. Rigging today went easy. I think my problem was poor finish on lift pins and wax doesn't work as well as grease. Ron P.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: