Switch and CB labels

jglazener

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Location: Schoonhoven, Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

I am looking for a robust and professional looking way to label the switches and circuit breaker in the panel. I have them in a row on the bottom panel, on a carbon look background. Anybody with a good tip?

Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

You can print your own very satisfactory labels with a p-touch label printer. All sorts of tapes, coloured or metalised available. Not v. Expensive but you could no doubt borrow one (including mine) if you prefer. David Joyce, GXSDJ

--> Europa-List message posted by: "jglazener" <j.glazener14(at)gmail.com (j.glazener14(at)gmail.com)>

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165

ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

Ivor

Joined: 23 Jul 2015

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

I also used the Brother P touch printer with white over clear works very
Well with the carbon fibre look alike instrument panel,
The better P touch will do most tape sizes and small graphics as well when
Connected to a computer,

Rocketman

Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Location: USA, Earth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

Jeroen,

Take a picture of your panel, measure your buttons center to center and
bring that information to a sign guy/vinyl cutter. Have him lay it out
in the font of your choosing, then cut the letters in the color of your
choice, in a high quality "premium" vinyl. He'll apply transfer tape to
the words for easy instillation. Or, bring the panel, if easily done,
and have him install the lettering for you. Cheap and looks very
professional.

Wife and I do this stuff daily...

Jeff

N55XS Baby Blue

On 8/7/2019 7:07 AM, jglazener wrote:
Quote:

I am looking for a robust and professional looking way to label the switches and circuit breaker in the panel. I have them in a row on the bottom panel, on a carbon look background. Anybody with a good tip?

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165

budyerly(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

Another way is to use a dry transfer label kit.

I use a full system from Decal Pro FX. I print off my sheet on Excel and then follow the instructions and transfer the lettering. Does a nice job and when coated with a clear coat is dead flat will last forever. For a one off airplane, it’s kind of expensive.

I’ve done the clear label maker tape. Not as professional but it works fairly well if it sticks and has no air bubbles under it.

Silk screening is excellent also and some higher quality sign shops like Jeff and Mary’s can do very good work as he will use thin vinyl and for a reasonable price. The sign shop labels can be coated with clear and will stick forever also.

Note: Clear coat has to be put on very thin or it will lift any tape. Put a dust coat on first and let it really tack, then another thin coat, then a final coat. Looks great and is tough enough to take wear and tear.

It is your custom aircraft, do what you like best.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--> Europa-List message posted by: Jeff B <topglock(at)cox.net>

Jeroen,

Take a picture of your panel, measure your buttons center to center and
bring that information to a sign guy/vinyl cutter. Have him lay it out
in the font of your choosing, then cut the letters in the color of your
choice, in a high quality "premium" vinyl. He'll apply transfer tape to
the words for easy instillation. Or, bring the panel, if easily done,
and have him install the lettering for you. Cheap and looks very
professional.

Wife and I do this stuff daily...

Jeff

N55XS Baby Blue

On 8/7/2019 7:07 AM, jglazener wrote:
> --> Europa-List message posted by: "jglazener" <j.glazener14(at)gmail.com>
>
> I am looking for a robust and professional looking way to label the switches and circuit breaker in the panel. I have them in a row on the bottom panel, on a carbon look background. Anybody with a good tip?
>
> --------
> Jeroen
>
> http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165
>

> Read this topic online here:

===========
st Email Forum -
pa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p;   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
http://www.matronics.com/contribution

IsaacW

Joined: 25 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

(at)rocketman what kind of vinyl cutter do you use? Would you recommend it?

I'm looking for a machine which can help me start a side hustle. Sorry for off topic.

I haven't decided yet which will be the winner. Main reason is I couldn't find a half decent review. The internet is filled with hype and I bet these people never used a vinyl cutter before.

There are so many to choose from. I've found this blog which is different from the rest. The blogger says it as it is. I've read a few reviews and some are real hatchet jobs. And I believe she put together a best article.

If you were me which one would you pick from this best article? Or maybe you have different recommendation?

I would rather hear someone's opinion who is using it not trying to sell it to me.

Any hints and tips are welcome

SPURPURA

Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Location: KAPV

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Switch and CB labels Reply with quote

Try any trophy shop.

N951EU - Tri-gear & 912ULS, N77EU- Mono & 914
I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LABOTAMY.