Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allegro 2000 Door Lock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hgmckay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

I have an Allegro 2000 ELSA (N661WW) that I built from the Czech company Fantasy Air kit manufactured in 2005. The kit came with a small round door lock for the pilot’s door. I have since lost the key for the lock. I cannot find a locksmith that can find a blank that will fit the lock. This could be because the lock is probably foreign made. I am looking for some Allegro 2000 owner that has this same lock (and key) on their Allegro 2000 airplane. If I can find such, I would like to ask the owner if he would have a second key made from the key he has. I will gladly purchase the second key. I would really appreciate a reply if there is such an owner out there.

Hugh G. McKay III, P.E. Fellow. L.M. ASCE
Senior Consultant
Worldwide Engineering Inc.
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466
Email hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net (hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net)
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Luisito22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

Hello hughIn my plane I had the same problem what we ended up doing was that we bought  filling  Cabinet lock or  cabinet luck from home depot The Cylinder fits in the old hole without any modification and it works like a charm  I'm going to the airport this morning if you would like I will take pictures.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 2:51 PM Hugh McKay <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net (hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net)> wrote:

Quote:

I have an Allegro 2000 ELSA (N661WW) that I built from the Czech company Fantasy Air kit manufactured in 2005. The kit came with a small round door lock for the pilot’s door. I have since lost the key for the lock. I cannot find a locksmith that can find a blank that will fit the lock. This could be because the lock is probably foreign made. I am looking for some Allegro 2000 owner that has this same lock (and key) on their Allegro 2000 airplane. If I can find such, I would like to ask the owner if he would have a second key made from the key he has. I will gladly purchase the second key. I would really appreciate a reply if there is such an owner out there.

Senior Consultant
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

hgmckay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

Yes send me some pictures please.

Senior Consultant
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466
http://www.geo.com (click on Power Division)

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 5:51 AM
To: allegro-list(at)matronics.com (allegro-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Allegro 2000 Door Lock

Hello hugh
In my plane I had the same problem what we ended up doing was that we bought filling Cabinet lock or cabinet luck from home depot The Cylinder fits in the old hole without any modification and it works like a charm I'm going to the airport this morning if you would like I will take pictures.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 2:51 PM Hugh McKay <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net (hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Senior Consultant
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466

N456TS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

Maybe Doug Hempsted has some? Many years ago Thom Riddle sourced the key blanks from Europe. His e-mail is "riddletr" at the gmail. He might still have some, or have the data on part numbers, etc.

I'm not sure if mine are the same as your keys. Mine say "FAB" and have a comically large rectangular head which tapers down to the metal end of the key. If you have the same as mine, I believe they are "SKO-3IP" key blanks.

Bradley Pearce

N456TS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

N456TS wrote:
If you have the same as mine, I believe they are "SKO-3IP" key blanks.

Just to follow up on this. In my quick research, it looks like a company called JMA produces SKO-3IP blanks. It appears that they have a location in Texas according to jmausa.com. Their phone number listed there is (817) 385-0515.
Some data on the keyblank can be found at:
http://ecatalogo.jma.es/en/sko-3ip/10559/?imprimir=1

Hopefully this is helpful and not a deep rabbit hole.

Bradley Pearce

hgmckay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Allegro 2000 Door Lock Reply with quote

Bradley,

Thanks for the info. I have contacted Doug and he thinks he may have a few keys. He will let me know Monday. I also will follow up with Thom Riddle as necessary.

Senior Consultant
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466
http://www.geo.com (click on Power Division)

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:23 PM
To: allegro-list(at)matronics.com (allegro-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Allegro 2000 Door Lock

--> Allegro-List message posted by: "N456TS" <bottleworksnet(at)gmail.com>

Maybe Doug Hempsted has some?  Many years ago Thom Riddle sourced the key blanks from Europe.  His e-mail is "riddletr" at the gmail.  He might still have some, or have the data on part numbers, etc. 

I'm not sure if mine are the same as your keys.  Mine say "FAB" and have a comically large rectangular head which tapers down to the metal end of the key.  If you have the same as mine, I believe they are "SKO-3IP" key blanks. 

Bradley Pearce

--------
N456TS

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=490273#490273

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: