Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
dlm34077

Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Location: AZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Check this reservation made as unknown individual. Note the $45 decrease in price for same rental. The FBO is adjacent to the airport terminal.

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
dlm46007(at)cox.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Heads UP. This is a reservation made with the EAA discount . Check my next email.

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
partner14

Location: Granbury Texas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

If I understand this correctly... it was $76 cheaper renting AT the airport????
Always ck both, because we found the exact opposite to be true. In North Vegas, also Enterprise, we saved by renting form them 3 mile from the airport....and they still came and picked us up. Who knows... I guess the moral is ck both
Don McDonald

Check this reservation made as unknown individual. Note the $45 decrease in price for same rental. The FBO is adjacent to the airport terminal.
--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Don A. McDonald
40636
dlm46007(at)cox.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

The difference was $45; enough for a night in the heated hangar. The irony is that stating that you are EAA member gets a 50% increase in price.
The key seems to be if the FBO is getting a cut of the rental. At CDC, FBO and terminal are 100 or so feet apart. I found one in So Cal where the nearby off airport site was considerably cheaper than anything on the airport including a pick up at the FBO of an enterprise car. The nearby off airport sites usually will pick and allow drop at the airport. Always carry a copy of the confirming email with you.

From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com
Date: Tue C 5 Jan 2010 15:41:02 -0800
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
ricksked(at)cox.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

That's funny!! My Dad would put me in an airplane and tell me he would never let me ride a motorcycle!! To dangerous!!! Plus that gal in the ad didn't wear a helmet...shame on you!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: John Gonzalez <indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:02:51 -0800
To: RV 10 group<rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RE: RV10-List: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation

My neighbor is a chief with the fire department. My older friend is a retir= ed LAPD VIP motorcaid cop who also trained othe cops in the motorschool.=A0=

The fireman said that only 100% of them go down. The LA= PD guy said he would kill me if he ever caught me on a road bike...and he l= aid his down one time.=A0

From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com
Date: Tue=2C 5 Jan 20= 10 15:41:02 -0800
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com

--> RV10-List= message posted by: "David Shelton" &lt=3BSBaircraft(at)yahoo.com>

= Reservations? Rental Cars? I usually just bring my motorcycle. The RV-10 is= a nice airplane but it only takes me to other airports. RV-10 + Motorcycle= lets me go anywhere I want without any hassles. Very Happy

www.Motorcyc= lePilot.com

Read this topic online here:
=
http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=3D280295#280295

= >

Quote:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//f= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

= [quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Oh my goodness!! And I got the girls dirt bikes this
year! I didn't know they were dangerous! Smile

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive
John Gonzalez wrote:
Quote:
My neighbor is a chief with the fire department. My older friend is a
retired LAPD VIP motorcaid cop who also trained othe cops in the
motorschool.

The fireman said that only 100% of them go down. The LAPD guy said he
would kill me if he ever caught me on a road bike...and he laid his down
one time.

What happens when you put a motorcycle inside an airplane???

Be careful!

Who will end up flying that plane back home?

> Subject: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation
> From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:41:02 -0800
> To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
>

> Reservations? Rental Cars? I usually just bring my motorcycle. The
RV-10 is a nice airplane but it only takes me to other airports. RV-10 +
Motorcycle lets me go anywhere I want without any hassles. Very Happy

> www.MotorcyclePilot.com
>

> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p 80295#280295
>

> Attachments:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com//f========

*

*

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
scottmschmidt(at)yahoo.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Tim, the girls will be fine. It will be the guys they are dating that pick them up for prom on the bullet bike that you have to worry about.

I have heard many times that motorcycles and airplanes are almost identical on the risk meter when it comes to fatalities.
Training and practice is the biggest factor for both to decrease the risks. I have over 100,000 miles on my motorcycles and multiple 24 hours endurance rides, all safe.
The MSF course and advanced courses are great for motorcycle training but the best way to learn is to take a 10 day trip riding a few hundred miles a day around our great country.
The same really is true for flying. When we get our private pilots license we are very dangerous. We then learn more by going on cross country trips and landing at many different airports and practicing our flight and weather planning.

So I'd say, throw that bike in the plane with your parachute, ride to a big bridge, jump off the bridge, ride back to the airport and fly home:)

Scott Schmidtscottmschmidt(at)yahoo.com

--> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)>

John Gonzalez wrote:
[quote] My neighbor is a chief with the fire department. My older friend is a retired LAPD VIP motorcaid cop who also trained othe cops in the motorschool.
The fireman said that only 100% of them go down. The LAPD guy said he would kill me if he ever caught me on a road bike...and he laid his down one time.
What happens when you put a motorcycle inside an airplane???

Be careful!

Who will end up flying that plane back home?

> Subject: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation
> From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com (SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com)
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:41:02 -0800
> To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: "David Shelton" <SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com (SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com)>
>
> Reservations? Rental Cars? I usually just bring my motorcycle. The RV-10 is a nice airplane but it only takes me to other airports. RV-10 + Motorcycle lets me go anywhere I want without any hassles. Very Happy
>
> www.MotorcyclePilot.com
>

> Read this topic online
Quote:
[b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Read carefully...the cop said ROAD BIKE!

[quote] Date: Tue C 5 Jan 2010 21:50:42 -0600
From: Tim(at)MyRV10.com
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Smile Yeah, I was tongue in cheek. I've always heard the same...flying
is about the same actual risk level as motorcycling. Now, if you're
talking in California, riding LA's highways, there might be a
huge increase in risk there...even from the perspective of flying
bullets. Smile

I'm trying to instill in the girls the same attitude I have
about life....there are MANY things that are very risky to
do. Lots of those things are some of the most fun a person
can have. So, take part in the fun, live life to the fullest,
just do everything with common sense and care. Parachute
from the plane, bungee jump from the bridge, just make sure
you packed the chute well and it's a good chute, and that the
bungee cord is the right size and in good shape and secured
well. No holding back...if you think it looks fun and cool,
the don't be some idiot who stands idly by watching, get in
there and do it! I find it exhilarating to grab the throttle
on a snowmobile going across a lake and wind it out. Sure,
50 or 60mph is comfortable, but 100 really gets you breathing.
But, I'm also the one who runs the length slower first to
make sure there aren't any big hazards.

Road bikes? I've owned many. I have one now. I got
helmets for the whole family and the girls just love going
for a ride. But, I ride like every car out there is GOING
to hit me, so I pretty much expect it. It keeps you
alive longer to be defensive. Same with airplanes...if you
expect to have the engine fail on takeoff, you'll be
better prepared than if you just make the assumption that
just because it's always run well, it will run well today.

IMC flying is the same way. Can you just stay VFR all
the time? Sure. Is it safer? Well, I'd argue that
it both can be and isn't....some times you're taking less
risk to get way up high and spend 4 hours overflying the
weather and bumps and low ceilings. But then again, you
could just cut out 50% of the days in the year and only
fly when it's clear and 100. On my last trip, I would
have been safer flying above the snowy weather, rather than
staying below the clouds, where it was snowing and bumpy.
But, I was legal VFR.

Then there's building an RV-10.... We can build an RV-10,
and if we follow the plans, we may, or may not build a
less risky airplane. I read things on the forum from time
to time that make me cringe, but everyone has their own
standard. I would say that the RV-10 in general, in the
hands of the right pilot, is a very low risk plane. But in
the hands of the wrong pilot or builder who did just the
wrong mods, it could be a very high risk plane. The
pilot/builder is the weak link. There are many who won't
fly in homebuilts. I just had a friend tell me over the
holidays how a relative of theirs, airline pilot, looked
at my web page with him...and commented how he'd never
fly in a plane like that...a homebuilt....far to risky.
Yeah, that's ignorance, but I know RV-10's that I wouldn't
fly in, too...'cuz I know how they were built.

Everything is risky, but I choose to participate and just
try to minimize the risk as much as possible....life is
more fun that way. Wink

Attached is a cute picture of the day my nephew learned some
valuable motorcycle lessons in when to use more brake,
and less throttle, and...lean into the turn. We got a good
kick out of it...but it took about 6 oil changes to get
it back to good again. Smile
Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive

John Gonzalez wrote:
> My neighbor is a chief with the fire department. My older friend is a
retired LAPD VIP motorcaid cop who also trained othe cops in the
motorschool.
> The fireman said that only 100% of them go down. The LAPD guy said he
would kill me if he ever caught me on a road bike...and he laid his down
one time.
> What happens when you put a motorcycle inside an airplane???
>
> Be careful!
>
> Who will end up flying that plane back home?
>

> > Subject: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation
> > From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com <mailto:SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com>
> > Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:41:02 -0800
> > To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com <mailto:rv10-list(at)matronics.com>

<SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com <mailto:SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com>>

> > Reservations? Rental Cars? I usually just bring my motorcycle. The
RV-10 is a nice airplane but it only takes me to other airports. RV-10 +
Motorcycle lets me go anywhere I want without any hassles. Very Happy

> > www.MotorcyclePilot.com <http://www.MotorcyclePilot.com>
> >

> > Read this topic online

*

*

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Wet_Bike.jpg
 Filesize:  151.31 KB
 Viewed:  15362 Time(s)

Wet_Bike.jpg

indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Motorcycles are safe when the are ridden with respect and without other vehicles around them. The problem are the other motorcyclist and car drivers that crash into you or infront of you.

Date: Tue C 5 Jan 2010 20:54:22 -0800
From: scottmschmidt(at)yahoo.com
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com

.ExternalClass DIV {;} Tim C the girls will be fine.  It will be the guys they are dating that pick them up for prom on the bullet bike that you have to worry about.

I have heard many times that motorcycles and airplanes are almost identical on the risk meter when it comes to fatalities.
Training and practice is the biggest factor for both to decrease the risks.  I have over 100 C000 miles on my motorcycles and multiple 24 hours endurance rides C all safe.
The MSF course and advanced courses are great for motorcycle training but the best way to learn is to take a 10 day trip riding a few hundred miles a day around our great country.
The same really is true for flying.  When we get our private pilots license we are very dangerous.  We then learn more by going on cross country trips and landing at many different airports and practicing our flight and weather planning.

So I'd say C throw that bike in the plane with your parachute C ride to a big bridge C jump off the bridge C ride back to the airport and fly home:)

John Gonzalez wrote:
[quote] My neighbor is a chief with the fire department. My older friend is a retired LAPD VIP motorcaid cop who also trained othe cops in the motorschool.
The fireman said that only 100% of them go down. The LAPD guy said he would kill me if he ever caught me on a road bike...and he laid his down one time.
What happens when you put a motorcycle inside an airplane???

Be careful!

Who will end up flying that plane back home?

  > Subject: RV10-List: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation
  > From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com (SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com)
  > Date: Tue C 5 Jan 2010 15:41:02 -0800
  > To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)
  >
  > --> RV10-List message posted by: "David Shelton" <SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com (SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com)>
  >
  > Reservations? Rental Cars? I usually just bring my motorcycle. The RV-10 is a nice airplane but it only takes me to other airports. RV-10 + Motorcycle lets me go anywhere I want without any hassles. Very Happy
  >
  > www.MotorcyclePilot.com
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > Read this topic online
Quote:

ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
ronics.com
ww.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
David Shelton

Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Location: C77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Scott is correct that motorcycle and GA have similar fatality rates. I checked statistics from the NTSB and NHTSA and found that motorcycles are actually a little safer than GA on an hourly basis.

General Aviation: 1.427 fatalities per 100,000 hours (http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Table10.htm).

Motorcycles: 0.94 fatalities per 100,000 hours (http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809908.PDF)

*The nhtsa listed the motorcycle fatality rate as 26.8 fatalities per 100 million miles. I converted the units to hours, using the DOT average automobile speed of 35mph. 26.8 fatalities per 100 million miles = 26.8 fatalities per 2.857 million hours (100 million miles divided by 35mph) = 0.94 fatalities per 100,000 hours.

The truth is that both activities are dangerous and we need to be careful when in an airplane or on a motorcycle. A lot of pilots have motorcycles (19.4% according to AOPA readership survey) and they aren't any more crazy than the ones who are terrified of them.

Believe it or not, but I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast. I don't have a favorite bike and I don't own a riding magazine, poster or calendar. I don't belong to a riding club and rarely ride for fun. Heck, I prefer to drive my Chevy Astro when it's available. I started riding motorcycles because my airplane doesn't drive to my favorite restaurant, beach, state park, convention, museum or friends house. I carry a motorcycle in my composite belly pod so I can land at any little airport in the world and hit the roads in about 2 minutes... problem solved!

I've got all the freedom and utility of a roadable airplane and my vehicle combination takes me anywhere I please. I don't have to find airports with rental cars, compare rates or make a reservation. I don't have to arrive during business hours or top off the tank on my way back. I can ride into town on a whim or try a new restaurant during my fuel stop. Every landing is another opportunity to explore and enjoy local sites.

I'm not a motorcycle fan but I love flying and I've found plenty of reasons to bring a bike along. -David

PS - I love that pic of your son in the drink!

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

BikeInPod.jpg
 Filesize:  5.68 KB
 Viewed:  15319 Time(s)

BikeInPod.jpg

indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

I see that you are a statistics guy and that makes good sense C but the one thing you have not confessed to us is that you are required to wear a helmet when on a motorcycle and because of that C your ultimate goal is to have an excuss to wear that fighter pilot helmet in your plane and also while on your motorcycle.

Confess!

Quote:
From: SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com
Date: Thu C 7 Jan 2010 15:11:43 -0800
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com

--> RV10-List message posted by: "David Shelton" <SBaircraft(at)yahoo.com>

Scott is correct that motorcycle and GA have similar fatality rates. I checked statistics from the NTSB and NHTSA and found that motorcycles are actually a little safer than GA on an hourly basis.

General Aviation: 1.427 fatalities per 100 C000 hours (http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Table10.htm).

Motorcycles: 0.94 fatalities per 100 C000 hours (http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809908.PDF)

*The nhtsa listed the motorcycle fatality rate as 26.8 fatalities per 100 million miles. I converted the units to hours C using the DOT average automobile speed of 35mph. 26.8 fatalities per 100 million miles = 26.8 fatalities per 2.857 million hours (100 million miles divided by 35mph) = 0.94 fatalities per 100 C000 hours.

The truth is that both activities are dangerous and we need to be careful when in an airplane or on a motorcycle. A lot of pilots have motorcycles (19.4% according to AOPA readership survey) and they aren't any more crazy than the ones who are terrified of them.

Believe it or not C but I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast. I don't have a favorite bike and I don't own a riding magazine C poster or calendar. I don't belong to a riding club and rarely ride for fun. Heck C I prefer to drive my Chevy Astro when it's available. I started riding motorcycles because my airplane doesn't drive to my favorite restaurant C beach C state park C convention C museum or friends house. I carry a motorcycle in my composite belly pod so I can land at any little airport in the world and hit the roads in about 2 minutes... problem solved!

I've got all the freedom and utility of a roadable airplane and my vehicle combination takes me anywhere I please. I don't have to find airports with rental cars C compare rates or make a reservation. I don't have to arrive during business hours or top off the tank on my way back. I can ride into town on a whim or try a new restaurant during my fuel stop. Every landing is another opportunity to explore and enjoy local sites.

I'm not a motorcycle fan but I love flying and I've found plenty of reasons to bring a bike along. -David

PS - I love that pic of your son in the drink!

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/bikeinpod_508.jpg

======================

&gt============
[quote]

Quote:
[b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
moosix
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am going to Italy at the end of June. And in Italy (in Terracina to be exact) we are going to rent a car. I do not see any point to book it in advance from home if I can do it on the spot. Or should I download an application like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carsscanner and try to book beforehand? I have read through some topics and found out that everyone is using banks cars, I mean credit cards not debit ones. I do not have such a card, is there a possibility to pay by cash?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
jbaer(at)LititzPP.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Confirmed: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation Reply with quote

Hi Moosix,

My experience is that you cannot rent a car without a credit card. Reserve ahead if you want better pricing. Europcar has always treated me well. Rent the smallest car that meets your needs in Europe.

My opinion. Other’s may be different.

Have fun.

John Baer
Lititz Precision Products LLC
Lititz PA USA
www.LititzPP.com
Cell (EST USA) (717) 413-7931
Skype: John.Baer7712
On 6/13/19, 12:00 PM, "moosix" <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of gecudet(at)mail-list.top> wrote:

Quote:

Hello everyone! I am going to Italy at the end of June. And in Italy (in Terracina to be exact) we are going to rent a car. I do not see any point to book it in advance from home if I can do it on the spot. Or should I download an application like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carsscanner and try to book beforehand? I have read through some topics and found out that everyone is using banks cars, I mean credit cards not debit ones. I do not have such a card, is there a possibility to pay by cash?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours