Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight of new XS cowling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Weight of new XS cowling Reply with quote

Hello All,

I recently ordered a firewall forward kit from Europa which came with a nice new cowling.
The weight of the cowl seems excessive though.

The top cowl is approximately 10 lbs and the bottom cowl is 14 lbs.
They are very thick in places (about 4.2mm where the prop hub opening will be once cut out).
Could some of you please let me know what yours weighed in at?

Thanks
Eddie

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

JohnFrance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Weight of new XS cowling Reply with quote

Hi Eddie,
You’re absolutely right about the increased weight of the cowlings. I purchased a lower Cowling about two years ago, when ready to install it was 1.6 kg heavier than the original one.
As you mentioned they are considerably thicker than the older model and hence the extra weight.

As an exercise in composite work I am repairing my original cowling and adding a cowl flap and the ULS cooling inlet.
Regards,
John

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Eddie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Weight of new XS cowling Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply John.
I think I need to discuss this with Europa then.

All the best
Eddie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: