Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instable constant speed prop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air.peter(at)googlemail.c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Instable constant speed prop Reply with quote

Hi,
In a attempt to get some more ideas on my issue - I have an O360F1A6 with an Hartzell 2 blade constant speed prop.
I can not adjust to a fixed limit speed and if oil temp raises the prop starts to over speed.
It starts(at) about 100 degrees Celsius which is well below temp limit of 118 degrees.
Governor is newly overhauled... No obvious leaks...
Any ideas very welcome.
In addition I can admit that oil pressure is about 45 psi (at) that temp.

Thanks in advance

Peter
Lancair 360 mk II

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Cliff.Coy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Instable constant speed prop Reply with quote

Good afternoon Peter,
You're either
Not developing enough oil pressure for the governor to use.
Try adjusting the oil pressure. If you have an screw adjustable valve Then clockwise to increase Else add washers under the spring and check for trash on the bal & seat of the valve.

or
The clearance in the oil return from the propeller hub to the engine is too large.

You can test the oil return clearance by removing the governor and doing a differential pressure check at the governor outlet (hub oil supply line)
You can make up the tool or...have someone hold a rubber tipped nozzle to the hole.
Lycoming Service Bulletin 1462A covers this topic.
Cheers,
Cliff

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 6:29 PM try jff <air.peter(at)googlemail.com (air.peter(at)googlemail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> LycomingEngines-List message posted by: try jff <air.peter(at)googlemail.com>

Hi,
In a attempt to get some more ideas on my issue - I have an O360F1A6 with an Hartzell 2 blade constant speed prop.
I can not adjust to a fixed limit speed and if oil temp raises the prop starts to over speed.
It starts(at) about 100 degrees Celsius which is well below temp limit of 118 degrees.
Governor is newly overhauled... No obvious leaks...
Any ideas very welcome.
In addition I can admit that oil pressure is about 45 psi (at) that temp.

Thanks in advance

Peter
Lancair 360 mk II
===========
rum -
igator?LycomingEngines-List
===========
FORUMS -
/a>
===========
WIKI -
>
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
tribution
===========

--
Clifford Coy
Border Air Ltd.
C-Parts Inc.
629 Airport Rd.
Swanton, VT 05488
802-868-2822 TEL
802-868-4465 FAX

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: