Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KLX-135A LCD replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanremog(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement Reply with quote

I am trying to find out the Manufacturer and P/N of the LCD screen used in the Bendix/King KLX-135A. Mine is bleeding out and I would like to replace it myself (I'm qualified), rather than trusting it to the local avionics shop that took three tries to do the last repair correctly. I suppose nothing lasts forever, but I would like to give it a go before admitting defeat. I have it apart at the moment and it looks trivial.

-TIA

GV.

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
mrobert569(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement Reply with quote

I am sorry but I have no idea on this LCD screen. Sorry

Mike

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/15/18 9:30 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: rv-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement

I am trying to find out the Manufacturer and P/N of the LCD screen used in the Bendix/King KLX-135A. Mine is bleeding out and I would like to replace it myself (I'm qualified), rather than trusting it to the local avionics shop that took three tries to do the last repair correctly. I suppose nothing lasts forever, but I would like to give it a go before admitting defeat. I have it apart at the moment and it looks trivial.

-TIA

GV.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

d-burton(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

When I was trying to fix mine I saw replacement screens on eBay. I wasn’t really willing to experiment with a used part… You never know what you might find there though.

David
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2018, at 1:40 PM, Mike Robertson <mrobert569(at)hotmail.com (mrobert569(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I am sorry but I have no idea on this LCD screen. Sorry

Mike

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/15/18 9:30 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: rv-list(at)matronics.com (rv-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement

-TIA

GV.

vanremog(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement Reply with quote

None out there now. It was the first places I checked.  I working a deal to buy the Maintenance Manual that I'm told has a parts list.

Thx

GV

--

vanremog(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: KLX-135A LCD replacement Reply with quote

I expect to have a KLX-135/135A Maintenance Manual in my hands shortly, so if anyone else out there in RVland needs info on this unit, please advise. There must be many of these in the field and they're not getting any younger. It is my understanding that Bendix/King is now the only authorized repair and refurbishment depot for their avionics. It's a complicated little assembly but should be workable if you have the knowhow.

-GV

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: