Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/24/17

tonyrenshaw268(at)gmail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/24/17 Reply with quote

Hi Tony,
Microspheres would have to be inert, silicone based glass, so imagine they’ll last forever. Probably the most dangerous thing in your workshop, if they get in your lungs, although even cutting cloth with the sun low over your work will show a shower of shards as you cut it with scissors. Its all bloody dangerous.

Quote:
On 25 Apr 2017, at 5:03 pm, Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list(at)matronics.com> wrote:

*

Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive

Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Europa-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 17-04-24&Archive=Europa

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 17-04-24&Archive=Europa

EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive

Europa-List Digest Archive
---
Total Messages Posted Mon 04/24/17: 6

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

1. 12:19 AM - Re: C04 water pipe query (Scudrunner)
2. 07:49 AM - Shelf-life of Europa's thermoplastic polymer microspheres (tonyvaccarella)
3. 07:54 AM - Monowheel brake cylinder seals (n7188u)
4. 08:08 AM - Re: Shelf-life of Europa's thermoplastic polymer microspheres (Alan Twigg)
5. 08:11 AM - Re: Monowheel brake cylinder seals (Michael Davies)
6. 02:39 PM - Re: Monowheel brake cylinder seals (n7188u)

________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________

Time: 12:19:00 AM PST US
Subject: Re: C04 water pipe query
From: "Scudrunner" <howardbrooksster(at)gmail.com>

Try dipping the end of the oil hose in a mug of boiling hot water for a couple
of minutes. Softens them up quite nicely (shake off any water before fitting).

________________________________ Message 2 _____________________________________

Time: 07:49:47 AM PST US
Subject: Shelf-life of Europa's thermoplastic polymer microspheres
From: "tonyvaccarella" <tony(at)weimagine.com.au>

Hi all,

I purchased an early model kit (S/N A011) from the USA a few years back. The project
was started in about 1999. The kit came with two rather large boxes of what
I now know are thermoplastic polymer microspheres which Europa use in their
finishing process.

I've tried to find on the Web what the shelf-life (if any) these micorspheres have.
Does anyone in this forum have experience with these fillers? Can I still
use them reliably after 18 or so years? I plan to do some testing closer to
when I need them but information about them would be helpful.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony Vaccarella
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

________________________________ Message 3 _____________________________________

Time: 07:54:31 AM PST US
Subject: Monowheel brake cylinder seals
From: "n7188u" <chmgarb(at)gmail.com>

Dear Europa List members,

Continuing the inspection of kit A291 I have found that the brake master cylinder
was seized.

I disassembled it and found that the cup seal has deteriorated and the master cylinder
is full of black sticky crud.

I can clean the components but the seals will require replacement. Are these still
available? The master cylinder is labeled "Kart Components".

Thanks for the help,
Chris

________________________________ Message 4 _____________________________________

Time: 08:08:58 AM PST US
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775(at)gmail.com>

Mine were purchase 14 years ago and i am still using them. They have to have been
kept dry though.
Alan Twigg
Kit 463 Motorglider Mono
Wings in paint, fuselage all but complete with upholstery done, connecting instrument
panel to engine.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Apr 2017, at 15:49, tonyvaccarella <tony(at)weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I purchased an early model kit (S/N A011) from the USA a few years back. The
project was started in about 1999. The kit came with two rather large boxes of
what I now know are thermoplastic polymer microspheres which Europa use in their
finishing process.

> I've tried to find on the Web what the shelf-life (if any) these micorspheres
have. Does anyone in this forum have experience with these fillers? Can I still
use them reliably after 18 or so years? I plan to do some testing closer to
when I need them but information about them would be helpful.

> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Tony Vaccarella
> Sydney
> Australia
>
> --------
> Tony Vaccarella
> Mascot NSW 2020
> Sydney Australia
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________ Message 5 _____________________________________

Time: 08:11:14 AM PST US
From: Michael Davies <mike.davies210(at)gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Monowheel brake cylinder seals

Hi Chris
Just checked online they are still available at
www.kartstore.co.uk/shop.cfm?cat=1475&node=28
Hope this helps

Regards Mike G-MLXP

On 24 Apr 2017 3:57 p.m., "n7188u" <chmgarb(at)gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Europa List members,
>
> Continuing the inspection of kit A291 I have found that the brake master
> cylinder was seized.
>
> I disassembled it and found that the cup seal has deteriorated and the
> master cylinder is full of black sticky crud.
>
> I can clean the components but the seals will require replacement. Are
> these still available? The master cylinder is labeled "Kart Components".
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Chris
>

> Read this topic online here:

Time: 02:39:05 PM PST US
From: "n7188u" <chmgarb(at)gmail.com>

Thanks Mike. I presume the seal kit KC25 would work?

Regards,
Chris