Rotax Tachometer - Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
hgmckay

Joined: 23 May 2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring Reply with quote

Gentlemen:
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
I am connecting the Rotax supplied electric tachometer to my Rotax 912UL engine that is in my Allegro 2000. I am confused about what I see on the electrical wiring diagram from the Rotax engine manual relative to the tachometer. The manual shows two wires coming from the engine (a blue, and a white) with a connector plug on the end. These wires came already connected to the engine. It also shows a mating connector plug with two wires leading to the tachometer. All this is fine except my tachometer has three connection points on the back numbered 1, 2, and 3. How do I make these connections? Which connects to what? I’m really confused. I’ve emailed Rotax, but have gotten no reply. Help Guys!
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
Hugh McKay
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
dave(at)dreamwings.co.za
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring Reply with quote

My guess is its an Aviasport tacho. The left top pin on the instrument
(looking from behind) is connected to +12V. The right top pin is connected
to Ground and one of the two wires coming from the engine - it doesn't
matter which one). The lower centre pin is connected to the other wire from
the engine. http://www.aviasport.com/Ingles/Tachometer/912.htm

Hope this helps.

Dave Grosvenor

Quote:

Time: 07:48:15 PM PST US
From: "Hugh McKay III" <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net>
Subject: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring

Gentlemen:

[...]

Back to top
hgmckay

Joined: 23 May 2006

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring Reply with quote

Dave: My tach is not an Aviasport tach. There is a label on the instrument
"Teveso, Hradec Kra'love'. I suspect it is a Czech instrument, but I'm not
sure. Are the connections the same as stated in your earlier email?

Hugh

--

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
dave(at)dreamwings.co.za
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring Reply with quote

Teveso appear to be the Rotax agents in Czech. The back of the instrument
you have has the same markings as the Aviasport I installed. I also know
that Aviasport produce rpm gauges for different companies and put different
lables on them. You can either give it a try with the wiring as I suggested
or try to contact Teveso for more info. Their website is
http://www.teveso.cz/ and email address motory(at)teveso.cz.

Dave

Quote:

Time: 07:23:49 PM PST US
From: "Hugh McKay III" <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Rotax Tachometer - Wiring

<hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net>

Dave: My tach is not an Aviasport tach. There is a label on the instrument
"Teveso, Hradec Kra'love'. I suspect it is a Czech instrument, but I'm not
sure. Are the connections the same as stated in your earlier email?

Hugh

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours