Rough running 912 UL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
FoesFlyDennis

Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Rough running 912 UL Reply with quote

Thanks Hugh for letting us know what it was. I have learned a lot while
following your thread, especially now that the problem is solved.

On Sep 10, 2016 2:15 PM, "Hugh McKay" <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net> wrote:

[quote] Gentlemen (bjones,jelling Catz631 h&amp, Jeff Wemmelring, Bick Girard,
John Hauck, Lowell Fitt, Dee LeBlanc, GHeal, et al)

Well I found what was causing my rough running engine!! I am some what
embarrassed, but it demonstrates how careful one must be when doing
anything to a Rotax 912 series engine. All this started when I began to
hear excessive engine noise in my head sets when transmitting on my radio

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List

_________________
2012 Pulsar III - Jabiru 2200A - N852LW
DennisTubbs7@gmail.com
Mesa, Arizona
rickofudall

Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Udall, KS, USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Rough running 912 UL Reply with quote

Hugh, Wow! That's great. Always happy to learn of a successful repair,
especially one where the price is so right. Now go out there and do some
flying.

Blue skies,
Rick

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Hugh McKay <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net> wrote:

[quote] Gentlemen (bjones,jelling Catz631 h&amp, Jeff Wemmelring, Bick Girard,
John Hauck, Lowell Fitt, Dee LeBlanc, GHeal, et al)

Well I found what was causing my rough running engine!! I am some what
embarrassed, but it demonstrates how careful one must be when doing
anything to a Rotax 912 series engine. All this started when I began to
hear excessive engine noise in my head sets when transmitting on my radio

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List

The smallest miracle right in front of you is enough to make you happy....
dashwoodlock(at)yahoo.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Rough running 912 UL Reply with quote

i had a seriouse failure one day. after a short flight i landed. shut down for a couple minutes then took off again for 45min flight. this time engine would not shut down. i was too clos to obsticals so was stuck at idlel till ground personel could spin me around. i had shut off fuel but at idle she was still running 10 minutes in. turned out i had lost one od the screws that holds aft end of modules on top of engine. so modules were not grounding proper. replaced missing fastener and was all good.