Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel flow transducer 914

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

Would I be correct in assuming that to calculate the fuel flow you need to measure the outgoing fuel and then subtract the returning fuel?
So one needs two transducers....
thanks
Will

William Daniell

LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
pestar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

You need two units which I have in my DynAero MCR-4S and depending on your instrumentation ie EFIS or other, your device will need to subtract one from the other to give you fuel flow.

I use a MGL EFIS with only one input with the trickery being done by a little device from sparxfly.co.nz (it takes the 2 inputs, subtracts and then outputs to the EFIS).

Cheers Peter

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

William,
That is correct.

Blue skies & tailwinds,Bob BorgerEuropa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP3705 Lynchburg Dr.Corinth, TX 76208-5331Cel: 817-992-1117rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)

On Jan 26, 2016, at 2:35 PM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that to calculate the fuel flow you need to measure the outgoing fuel and then subtract the returning fuel?

thanks

Will
William Daniell
LONGPORT+57 310 295 0744

standa.svec(at)volny.cz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

Hellou Peter,
please, exactly what "little device from sparxfly" do you have in mind?
I canīt find it on their web.
Thanks very much.
Stanislav

--

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

My system has calculated well and accurately with one transducer only (between a returning fuel T and carburrettors).
Cannot understand reason for two transducers...

Raimo
allekirjoitus (info(at)rwm.fi)
26.1.2016, 22:35, William Daniell kirjoitti:

Quote:

thanks

Will

William Daniell

LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744

Burrilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

Mine as well.
Alan

Sent from my iPad

On 4 Feb 2016, at 14:38, Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi (raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi)> wrote:
Quote:
My system has calculated well and accurately with one transducer only (between a returning fuel T and carburrettors).

Raimo

Quote:

thanks

Will

William Daniell

LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744

jan_de_jong(at)casema.nl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Fuel flow transducer 914 Reply with quote

Turbo engine fuel system is different. Normal flow rates would be:
- forward flow 100 l/h
- carburettor flow 20 l/h
- return flow 80 l/h.

Jan

On 2/4/2016 4:28 PM, Alan Burrill wrote:

Quote:
Mine as well.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

On 4 Feb 2016, at 14:38, Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi (raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi)> wrote:

Quote:

Raimo

Quote:

thanks

Will

William Daniell

LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: