Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Falco-List
votorschair(at)earthlink.
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Having been tipped off by my good Canadian buddy, Mike Wiebe, about the Falco List, I thought I would sign up and introduce myself to all of you.  Many of you have heard of me in the Falco community, as I have had the opportunity to test fly a number of Falcos, and I am of course building one.

I am the “meticulous” builder Mike referred to in his last post.  I think he wanted to use the word “anal”, but he was kind.  George Barrett, another builder suggested strongly to me that I install all of the cove ribs and the cove skin on the aft face of the aft wing spars before I glue the spars in place.  At first that sounded like a good idea to me, but as I prepared to do that, I wondered how accurately I could place those cove ribs to ensure proper clearance with the aileron/flap assembly and also whether I would get the cove ribs at the right elevation on the aft spar to avoid sanding too much of the cove rib trailing edge strip away when I float sanded.

So there you have it.  I just joined the list and I’m already whining for help.  Anybody have any ideas on this?

Al Aitken

- The Matronics Falco-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Falco-List
Back to top
gdlean(at)excite.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi Al - welcome to the list.
If I remember correctly - I installed the spar then the cove ribs and float sanded the whole mess to accommodate the skin. This seemed to work O'K for me - it wasn't easy, but then there's very little about building a falco that is easy.
Cheers - Graeme