PERMANENT ADIZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List
harvey.rule(at)sympatico.
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

None of this has any relavance to me as yet but you never know when the
Canadian government may decide to jump on the band wagon.You are
absolutely correct in what you say;it is rediculous in every way and it
is some little politicians way of solving a problem without having
looked into it in the first place.On 911 the planes used were passenger
carriers loaded with enough fuel to carry them to the west coast.They
did this on purpose so they would have a maximum amount of
explosives.The average small plane that flies anywhere can only carry
enough fuel to blow up ,if they were lucky enough to penetrate a
window,perhaps one cubical in any office anywhere in the world.That's
right ,you heard right ,one cubical.The area of about 10 sqare feet if
your lucky.Perhaps destroying someones lunch sitting on the side of a
desk.The most likely thing that would happen is that the plane would hit
the side of the building and slide down;the case of most ultra lights
anyway.We are the most feared by the government because they can hardly
see us on radar.We can do a lot of damage when destoying somebodies
lunch!Sound stupid,you bet,as stupid as the rules you just layed out!

Quote:

Pilots,

Send this to OTHER PILOTS and YOUR NON-FLYING FRIENDS. Then go to the AOPA
site listed below and give the
FAA your input.
Thanks.

Since 9/11, pilots are required to follow rules that most motorists would
consider ludicrous.

The analogy below describes what it takes to fly into an Air Defense
Identification Zone (ADIZ).

An ADIZ presently exists all around Washington D.C. The federal Aviation
Administration wants to make the Washington ADIZ permanent.

All MAJOR U.S. CITIES COULD BE NEXT.
Scenario...

Because of the Oklahoma City truck bombing, a law is passed that everyone
within 75 miles of any large city must place a call for every car trip they
make and give your name, car make, license plate number, what time you will be
leaving, specifically where you are going, and exactly when you expect to
arrive.

You will be given a number which you must write on a card and display in the
window for your entire drive. You will be given a time you can leave, and
what roads you are to follow.

You will need to call a traffic cop on your cell phone prior to leaving,
during the trip, and until you reach your destination. You will be required to
stay in constant communication. They will tell you when you are okay to enter
that 75 mile radius, and then you will talk to them for the entire drive,
including following any new instructions.

Now... If you take a wrong turn, fail to display the card properly, fail to
follow the traffic cop's instructions, lose cell phone coverage, or any of a
whole host of other things occur such as mechanical problems, you can lose
your drivers license, and possibly be arrested. If your cell phone signal
fades, the traffic cop gives confusing or contradictory instructions, or a little
dirt or sun glare makes the card hard to read, that is entirely your problem
to correct, or deal with the consequences.

If you drive a motorcycle and can't figure a way to mount the card or hear
the cell phone over the motor and wind noise, that is your problem.

If you get really lost and blunder into the wrong neighborhood, they might
blow up your car with you in it. Deadly force is not only likely, but
recommended.

You will have to do this everywhere you go, even if you pull into the street
to let you spouse out of the driveway. This is for every single-destination
trip. If you are running errands, you must treat each leg as a separate trip.
Good luck dealing with the authorities if you plan to depart or arrive
anywhere that doesn't have a traditional driveway or parking lot.

All skateboards, scooters, sleds, wagons, bicycles and tricycles are
prohibited within that 75 miles.

Sound ludicrous? Welcome to a fliers world.

Small airplanes follow these restrictions every day in the ADIZ areas even
though it is widely recognized that most general aviation aircraft cannot
carry enough explosives to create damage even close to the explosion in OKC.

Trucks however, are still allowed to drive right up to the front of most
office buildings. Any terrorist (aka idiot) can rent one, from Ryder.

All pilots are in favor of national security but there is a right way and a
wrong way to acquire it.

Creating a permanent ADIZ is the wrong way.

Aircraft first, then soon, automobiles.

The FAA has extended the ADIZ public comment period until February 6, 2006,
and will hold an AOPA-requested public meeting on its plan to make the
Washington, D.C., Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) permanent.

("AOPA" is the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.)

You can contact the FAA and voice your protest to this permanent ADIZ by
going to:

_http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/_ (http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/)

Thank you for your time, please act now.

Jay Carpenter
President - Texas Aviation Association
512-454-5455
_president(at)txaa.org_ (mailto:president(at)txaa.org)
_www.txaa.org_ (http://www.txaa.org)

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
edchmiel(at)mindspring.co
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

Dear sender,

Why post this on the Engines list?? Send it to AOPA, or some of the
other 'alphabet' groups. Better yet, write your congresspeople!

Ed in JXN
Do Not Archive

---

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
jboatri(at)emory.edu
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

Ed,

I assume it was posted on the engines list, and other lists, so that
citizens would petition their government about an issue that affects
them.

Jeff

[quote]

Dear sender,

Why post this on the Engines list?? Send it to AOPA, or some of the
other 'alphabet' groups. Better yet, write your congresspeople!

Ed in JXN
Do Not Archive

---

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
dstroud(at)storm.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

Harvey..concentrate on the Piet. This is 2006.. Smile
The snow will melt this year..maybe soon...relax, eh?
David Stroud Ottawa, Canada
C-FDWS Christavia
F-24 C-FDAE in restoration
---

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
harvey.rule(at)sympatico.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

Amen!

[quote]

Harvey..concentrate on the Piet. This is 2006.. Smile
The snow will melt this year..maybe soon...relax, eh?
David Stroud Ottawa, Canada
C-FDWS Christavia
F-24 C-FDAE in restoration
---

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
TeamGrumman(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

In a message dated 1/14/06 8:36:45 AM, harvey.rule(at)sympatico.ca writes:
Quote:
Because of the Oklahoma City=A0 truck bombing, a law is passed that everyone
>>>within 75 miles of any large=A0 city must place a call for every car trip
they
>>>make and give your name, car=A0 make, license plate number, what time you
will be
>>>leaving, specifically where=A0 you are going, and exactly when you expect
to=A0
>>>arrive.

Wow, can you say police state?

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
harvey.rule(at)sympatico.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

What in hells name does a truck bombing have to do with flying?That's
what I'd like to know?

Quote:

In a message dated 1/14/06 8:36:45 AM, harvey.rule(at)sympatico.ca writes:

>Because of the Oklahoma City=A0 truck bombing, a law is passed that everyone

>they

>will be

>to=A0

Wow, can you say police state?

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
Terry Watson

Location: Seattle, WA USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: PERMANENT ADIZ Reply with quote

Well Harvy, if you had been following the PERMANENT ADIZ thread, you would
know that someone made the strong and telling analogy between the permanent
ADIZ and similar treatment of ground vehicle traffic. They demonstrated, I
thought quite well, what would have happened if the Oklahoma City terrorist
bombing had caused the government to react to car and truck traffic like
they have to aircraft traffic after 9/11. The point (as I got it) being that
if the non-flying public new how intrusive and ineffective the permanent
ADIZ is, maybe they wouldn't be trying to make it bigger and create more of
them across the country, the thus severely impact our ability to fly.

That's "what in hells name a truck bombing has to do with flying". A DO NOT
ARCHIVE would have kept this out of the mass of information people will have
to dig through in the future to find what they are looking for.

Terry

--

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours