Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glasair-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/06/06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craymondw(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Glasair-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/06/06 Reply with quote

I built a Glaisair2S Ft with an IO360 200hp engine. The engine has 960 hours on it. As I was making my take off roll at my local home town airport, I noticed the engine appeared to be running a little rough. About 100 feet in the air, the engine appeared to be developing only 70% of its power. The engine wasn't back firing. I leveled out at 200 feet and noticed my airspeed had fallen to 85 mph and put the nose down to gain airspeed. After turning left towards a cotton field, I could see that I could keep some altitude by keeping the nose down to maintain airspeed and decided to make a right down wind. I had the option of the down wind and the cotton field. By the time I approached a left base my altitude was only 100 feet. I didn't think I had enough airspeed or altitude to turn to final and decided that I would land on the grass on a diagonal to the runway. About 500 feet from where I planned on touching down and about fifty feet in the air, the engine suddenly developed full power. I circled the airport and climbed up to 4,000 feet. Everything seemed fine and I flew twenty miles for fuel. The engine ran smooth on the take off from that airport and ran smooth to my destination and back to home base.  Before this problem I changed the fuel filter, air filter, oil (added AVBLEND), and cleaned my plugs and the injector screen.  Fram no longer makes my fuel filter and I have been using a NAPA NASCAR filter for the past two filter changes. I did notice that my fuel flow on the departures  had dropped from my usual 18 gallons per hour to just above 14 gallons per hour. I removed the injectors, cleaned them  and reinstalled them. The fuel flow has returned to the 18 gallons per hour.  Anybody have any ideas what may have happened?

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
Bruce(at)glasair.org

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Glasair-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/06/06 Reply with quote

I would remove the Fram filter and replace it with an Andair gascolator.

http://www.andair.co.uk/system/index.html

Bruce
www.glasair.org
  [quote]
--

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: