Rocker arm adjusting screw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List
tshankland(at)sbcglobal.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Rocker arm adjusting screw. Reply with quote

I'm just doing the annual on my 601HD with A Stratus engine. I found that one of the adjusting screws had broke inside of the rocker arm. Everything looks OK but I am having some difficulty in locating either the adjusting screw or another rocker arm. Does anybody have any leads?

Tim Shankland N706TS Zenith 601HD
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Back to top
larrycmcfarland(at)gmail.
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Rocker arm adjusting screw. Reply with quote

Hi Tim,
I’d go to your local Subaru dealer parts department.
I’ve had a lot of luck with my Subaru parts there.

Larry McFarland

I'm just doing the annual on my 601HD with A Stratus engine. I found that one of the adjusting screws had broke inside of the rocker arm. Everything looks OK but I am having some difficulty in locating either the adjusting screw or another rocker arm. Does anybody have any leads?

Tim Shankland N706TS Zenith 601HD
Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
0
Quote:
1
Quote:
2
Quote:
3
Quote:
4
Quote:
5
Quote:
6
Quote:
7
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Back to top
andynfultz(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Rocker arm adjusting screw. Reply with quote

Tim,

Let me know if you don't have any luck getting new parts. I have two salvage yard engines that I can rob a few parts for ya if needed.

Andy F.

andynfultz(at)bellsouth.net
[quote] --

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Back to top
tshankland(at)sbcglobal.n
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Rocker arm adjusting screw. Reply with quote

Andy,
Thanks for the offer, I tried what Larry McFarland suggested and called the dealer, surprisingly they didn't think I was crazy. I have found the a 1986 to 1989 DL seems to be the right car for parts. My new adjusting screw will be here Tuesday for only $4.05. I was supprised I didn't have to buy a valve train assembly to get one part as is often the case. There were 11 new screws left in the country, now there will be 10.

Tim
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours