New Europa owner

phillik747

Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Location: Birminham, AL USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Just wanted to stop by and say I have joined the ranks of Europa owners and recently purchased an Europa kit that has been in the building process form around 2000. It was tucked away in a hanger in FL. I hope to get her flying in a couple of years. Right now she is a monowheel but I will be turning her into a tri-gear soon. I already have the tri-gear kit minus a few parts (MG02, main gear sockets, and some nose gear fork components). I'll be also looking for a 912USL soon.

A little of my background, I'm Kim Prout's nephew and helped him build N111EU back in '96. Flew to Oshkosh and meet Ivan Shaw there where he picked up the some of the first new tail wheels for conversions. I have spent many hours in 111EU and fell in love with her. It was amazing and a huge learning experience to watch my Uncle and Grandpa come up with ideas while building 111EU. I'm an ERAU graduate that flew in the Navy for a few years and now hopes to return to the air soon.

Kyle

jimpuglise(at)comcast.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Kyle-

Welcome to the group. One of the greatest advantages of the Europa is our Builder Community. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as you will your airplane. Glad to have you.

Jim Puglise
N283JL
Punta Gorda, FL

--> Europa-List message posted by: "phillik747" <helperpsp(at)gmail.com>

[...]

< &nbs=================

rlborger(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Kyle,

Welcome to the Europa group. With your background, you will probably be providing as much assistance to us as we provide to you.

Keep us posted on your progress. Or, better yet, set up a build web site on EuropaOwners.org so we can follow your progress.

Hope to see you at Rough River or KOSH one of these years.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger(at)mac.com

On Apr 5, 2012, at 11:21 AM, phillik747 wrote:

[...]

steven.pitt2(at)ntlworld.
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Kyle,
Good to hear from you and welcome to the Club.
Whereabouts are you based?
Best wishes with the build and you will already know of the vast amount of
help and support that exists within the Club.
Regards
Steve Pitt
Chairman, Europa Club

phillik747

Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Location: Birminham, AL USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind replies!

Jim,
Thank you for the welcome.

Bob,
I have been reading your posts on europaowners.org and have found your conversion album most helpful in picturing what I need to do. What was even funnier was I read your posts before I went down to Bud's shop and then when I walked in the room with the tile floor I knew that is where your conversion was done! It's a good thing I don't live near Bud, I believe I would be bugging him all the time. I could spend hours just looking around.

Steve,
I live in Trussville, AL just to the East of Birmingham.

SteveD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Welcome!

I added an Album for your on EuropaOwners.

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=99237

You can start adding photos anytime you like.

Chat Later
SteveD

ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Hello Kyle,
Welcome to the family, I am sure that you will find building and flying your
Europa as rewarding as your uncle Kim, talking of which the E mail address
that I have for him does not appear to be correct!! Can you let me have his
contact details?

Kindest Regards
Ivan

phillik747

Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Location: Birminham, AL USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Europa owner Reply with quote

SteveD,

Thanks! I'll try and get some photos uploaded soon.

Ivan,

It's been a long time since we have talked, good to hear from you! I have sent you an email, let me know if you haven't received it.

Kyle

rparigoris

Joined: 24 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Hey Mr. Steve
Hope all is doing well by you.
** Any progress on figuring out how to get back up copy of my gallery?
** Any progress on how to correct lost pics like "Entered a car show": http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=28355

** When I click "gallery":
http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=28355
Then "view latest updates":
http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7
Theres no way I can figure out who in fact uploaded the pics. I used to be able to take the name of the pic and do a search on it, then it would take me to that persons album. A bit of a pain but it worked. Anyway now it no longer works. Is there a way you can figure to llow me to find out who uploaded?
** It's looking like I can get back to Europa work in the next few months. Will the gallery be happy to accept my future uploads?

Thx.
Ron P.

** > Hi Phil, > > Welcome! > > I added an Album for your on EuropaOwners. > > http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=99237 > > You can start adding photos anytime you like. > > Chat Later > SteveD > > > > > Read this topic online here: > > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=370179#370179 > > > > > > > > > > > [quote][b]

SteveD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Europa owner Reply with quote

Hi Ron,
Yep, all is good here. I thought work was supposed easer as we get older. Ha!
** Any progress on figuring out how to get back up copy of my gallery?

I can get you a copy, but it's server based. If you have a home server we can chat off list and get you set up.
** Any progress on how to correct lost pics like "Entered a car show":

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=28355

You just don't know how good you have it until its gone. Jos gave us some serious horse power to process our images.
I can't find out why some images work and some don't. One of the Images that would not load, I turned it 90 Deg than back, and now it works fine.
The other I had to Re-Upload and delete the old one. I'm still trying work work out the best image code to work on this new server.
** When I click "gallery":

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=28355

Then "view latest updates":

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7

Theres no way I can figure out who in fact uploaded the pics. I used to be able to take the name of the pic and do a search on it, then it would take me to that persons album. A bit of a pain but it worked. Anyway now it no longer works. Is there a way you can figure to llow me to find out who uploaded?

Hmmm Ok try this:
http://europaowners.org/main.php

Then "View Latest Updates"
Click on the photo that you're interested in. Say, this nut job...

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7&g2_itemId=99362

If you want to see what album it is in. Go to the URL and delete
"g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7&"

Leaving
http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=99362
Hit enter. That should take you right to the photo in the album that it came from.
** It's looking like I can get back to Europa work in the next few months. Will the gallery be happy to accept my future uploads?

I'm always happy to take new photos. Hopefully the site will be as happy to see the new photos as we are.

Chat Later,
SteveD