Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lord Mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrynorman(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Happy New Year to the group! Hope all is well and enjoying flying their little plane. I've put 13 hours on mine in the last few weeks.

While doing my annual condition inspection I noticed that after six years of flying that the rubber mounts that go between the engine mount and the truss mount are starting to compress and come apart. I have a Pulsar III and was wondering if anyone knew the part number for these rubber pieces and where I could get them? I looked through Aircraft Spruce and didn't see anything like the ones I have. I ordered a set that looked close but they were too small.

On another note, I was looking at possibly buying a partially completed Pulsar Super Cruiser and joined their group to try and get some info before diving in. Anyone here on this forum have any experience with them? I figured you guys might know something.

Thanks,
Barry Norman

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
kdpalmer(at)mweb.co.za

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Before Pulsar bought them out it was the KISS get hold of the KISS forum. Bear in mind the owner of Pulsar in El Salvador was killed a short while ago, are they still operating ?
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

kdpalmer(at)mweb.co.za

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

And Richard Trickel the original designer of the Kiss also died a short while ago.

---

kdpalmer(at)mweb.co.za

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

The Aero design part # AD307 Shock Mount
Sky Star Part # 47005.000 Shock Mount, 22001-13 (Pulsar III)
[quote] ---

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have those part numbers. I guess if Sky Star is still in business with the kit fox, I could still get them.

I knew the designer of the cruiser and the owner of Pulsar both passed away. I heard the owners wife wants nothing to do with the airplane business so it will probably be sold at some point.

Barry

To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:52:46 AM
Subject: Re: Lord Mounts

P { MARGIN: 0px } The Aero design part # AD307 Shock Mount
  Sky Star Part # 47005.000 Shock Mount, 22001-13 (Pulsar III)
[quote] ---

ccoulter(at)wavecable.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:46:10 +0000 (UTC)
barrynorman(at)comcast.net wrote:
Quote:

Happy New Year to the group! Hope all is well and
enjoying flying their little plane. I've put 13 hours on
mine in the last few weeks.

While doing my annual condition inspection I noticed
that after six years of flying that the rubber mounts
that go between the engine mount and the truss mount are
starting to compress and come apart. I have a Pulsar III
and was wondering if anyone knew the part number for
these rubber pieces and where I could get them? I looked
through Aircraft Spruce and didn't see anything like the
ones I have. I ordered a set that looked close but they
were too small.

On another note, I was looking at possibly buying a
partially completed Pulsar Super Cruiser and joined their
group to try and get some info before diving in. Anyone
here on this forum have any experience with them? I
figured you guys might know something.

Thanks,

Barry Norman

Barry

I got them from

Fairchild
3990 A Heritage Oak Coult
Simi Valley, CA 93063-6711
(805) 527-3600

I had to buy 12 as that is thier minimum order. I think I
still have some in the hanger, if I havent given them to
someone else.

They come in 5 different hardnesses , I got one one of the
harder ones Part Nr 22001-14 Barry Controls.

Another source is Brandson Products Group on the net.

If you are interested and I still have them would you like
me to send you a set?

Clarke Coulter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

After using a magnifying glass I could finally read the part number on the Lord mounts. They are J3608-1 and Aircraft spruce does have them.

Thanks,
Barry

To: "pulsar-list" <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:46:10 AM
Subject: Lord Mounts

p { margin: 0; }
Happy New Year to the group! Hope all is well and enjoying flying their little plane. I've put 13 hours on mine in the last few weeks.

While doing my annual condition inspection I noticed that after six years of flying that the rubber mounts that go between the engine mount and the truss mount are starting to compress and come apart. I have a Pulsar III and was wondering if anyone knew the part number for these rubber pieces and where I could get them? I looked through Aircraft Spruce and didn't see anything like the ones I have. I ordered a set that looked close but they were too small.

On another note, I was looking at possibly buying a partially completed Pulsar Super Cruiser and joined their group to try and get some info before diving in. Anyone here on this forum have any experience with them? I figured you guys might know something.

Thanks,
Barry Norman

[quote]
[b]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:02:19 +0000 (UTC)
[quote]

After using a magnifying glass I could finally read the
part number on the Lord mounts. They are J3608-1 and
Aircraft spruce does have them.

Thanks,

Barry

---

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Hugh,

Are they the same as the J3608-1 Lord mounts. Did they use the same mounts for the bed mounts? I have a truss mount set up.

Thanks,
Barry

Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:22:43 PM

--> Pulsar-List message posted by: "HUGH COULTER" <ccoulter(at)wavecable.com>

[quote]

Thanks,

Barry

---

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 20:48:26 +0000 (UTC)
[quote]

Hugh,

Are they the same as the J3608-1 Lord mounts. Did
they use the same mounts for the bed mounts? I have a
truss mount set up.

Thanks,

Barry

---

pilot623(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Barry,

For what it's worth, I purchased new rubber parts for my engine mount in 2009 during the fire reconstruction from http://aircraft-specialties.com/ using part number 530740. I checked on current pricing for someone else a couple months ago and found they were available at $23.38 each (8 required). They appeared identical to my original parts supplied by Skystar.

Jim

Like saving money? Who doesn't! Go to http://www.ultimatesavingsonline.com and register to get some great deals! It's free so you have nothing to lose.

[quote] From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of barrynorman(at)comcast.net
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Pulsar-List: Lord Mounts

Hugh,

Are they the same as the J3608-1 Lord mounts. Did they use the same mounts for the bed mounts? I have a truss mount set up.

Thanks,
Barry

Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:22:43 PM

[quote]

Thanks,

Barry

---

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Thanks anyway Hugh. Happy New Year!

Barry

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 11:15:11 AM

[quote]

Hugh,

Are they the same as the J3608-1 Lord mounts. Did
they use the same mounts for the bed mounts? I have a
truss mount set up.

Thanks,

Barry

---

pv.ds(at)t-online.de

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Lord Mounts Reply with quote

Barry and Group if question is still open,

Looking at the Lockwood catalog (2010-2011) looks like Rotax part number is 860-695, page 56 of catalog under Engine Suspension Frame for rubber mounts. This would only apply to the builders without bed mounts

Regards

Dan

Am 02.01.2012 21:20 Uhr schrieb "barrynorman(at)comcast.net" unter <barrynorman(at)comcast.net>:

[quote]Thanks anyway Hugh. Happy New Year!

Barry

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 11:15:11 AM

>
>
> Hugh,
>
>
>
> Are they the same as the J3608-1 Lord mounts. Did
>they use the same mounts for the bed mounts? I have a
>truss mount set up.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry
>
>
>
> ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: