alfred

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
richard_trickel(at)yahoo.
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: alfred Reply with quote

O.C has hit it pretty close about Pulsar. As many of you know I had to leave there because they were way behind on paying me. They still owe me $45,000 in back pay and I doubt I will ever see it. I have been a little caucious about making statements regarding this company. But what the hell. I wuld probably have starved to death there waiting for some honesty.
Pulsar did get to the point of making parts but only Plsar 100 parts were made. A total of three kits were made while I was there. All three kits were paid for and as of several montths ago (around October) Only two of the kits were sent out and they were not complete. I do not know if the rest of the parts were sent after I left in Jan. 2010. No Kis parts were built. The aircraft that we assembled there had all been built in the U.S. by me prior to the move to El Salvador. This is also Another story. The pink TR-1 (Pulsar Sport150) was a kit that was purchased from a customer that never started building. It was painted Pink to indicate it was built by women even though it was not. A few women did tinker on it though. They were mostly not paid staff. The Six palce plane was started by me in the U.S. for the person who took over my shop and hired me to work there after selling Tri R Tech. It was not ready to fly when I left and the pictures of the toilet and refrig are true. It also had a Microwave oven. Never had the money to finish it up. and was tail heavy witgh all the trinkets in the baggage bay area.
There web site is fairly new and I do not know this person Alfred has talked to in the states.
When I left the top wing mold for the TR-1need to be replaced but all other molds were there. They do Have the tech info but whether they understand them is another question. When I left the Oven was not operational but only need a few simple things to make it work like GAS.
All I can say is good luck. The Owner of the company is tops at putting on a good show. He will sell you anything cash up front.
Rich
--- On Sun, 4/17/11, bakerocb(at)cox.net <bakerocb(at)cox.net> wrote:

Quote:

From: bakerocb(at)cox.net <bakerocb(at)cox.net>
Subject: Re: Re: TR-1 Spar Repair Choice
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com, bleuskyfly(at)teledynamix.com, galinhdz(at)gmail.com
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 6:53 PM

--> KIS-List message posted by: <bakerocb(at)cox.net (bakerocb(at)cox.net)>

4/17/2011

Hello Alfred, You wrote:

1) "It is clear that Pulsar is bluffing with the SP100 then - now that makes me wonder ..."

I don't understand what you meant by "...Pulsar is bluffing with the SP100...". Their whole El Salvador operation may be considered a bluff when it comes to seriously producing and selling composite airplane kits.

Here is my take on the Pulsar in El Salvador situation.

A) When Rich Trickel left, 95 percent of their corporate memory and composite technical capability left with him.

B) I don't think that Pulsar has actually produced and sold any complete kits since the move to El Salvador. That's kits to be built by procuring customers, not in factory prototypes or "one off" articles.

C) Pulsar existed as a build for speculation / custom order shop in El Salvador and produced one or two completed airplanes for sale.

D) Pulsar in El Salvador is making some attempt at building / selling only three airplanes or airplane kits. A two seater, a four seater, and a six seater. Here is a quote from their Our Mission statement: "Today the group supplies 3 types of aircrafts with capacity for two, four and six persons."

E) The airplane designated as the SP (Super Pulsar) 100 is the two place airplane offering in their stable. You can recognize it in the pictures as the one with the one piece canopy and windshield. The SP 100 is a derivative of the original Pulsar line of aircraft developed years ago in Texas by Mark Brown. Its construction method is distinctively different than the construction method used by Rich Trickel doing business as Tri-R Technologies.

F) When Pulsar bought out (took over) Tri-R Technologies and moved to El Salvador they did not vigorously promote the KIS TR-1 / Pulsar Sport 150. I am not sure if even one such kit / airplane was made from scratch there -- possibly the pink one that appears in some photographs on the Pulsar web site may have been made there, but with many parts shipped from California.

2) ".... worth me spending any time pursuing a new wing from Pulsar?"

Getting major KIS TR-1 / Sport 150 composite parts from the people now left at Pulsar in El Salvador is going to be a very dicey proposition.

OC
====================================

From: BlueSkyFlier <bleuskyfly(at)teledynamix.com>
Subject: Re: alfred
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 3:52 PM

--------

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=337505#33750Navigator?KIS-List" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -

[quote][b]

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Back to top
BlueSkyFlier

Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: alfred Reply with quote

No point in testing the wing Rich. Composite experts from the sailplane community have confirmed that the spar cap is compromised and the LAA will never approve use of that wing again (unless I spend the price of a plane on repairing it - doesn't make financial sense)

The effect of the "down spring" could be trimmed out at any given constant speed, but the trim then obviously changed with speed. That's why I rendered it ineffective. Can't make sense of what imaginary problem that was supposed to resolve. Doesn't matter anymore anyway Surprised)

Drove up to Scotland today to look at another KIS tomorrow. Hope to make the choice of what to buy next week. Contenders are PA28 (high gross & 150hp), CT2K and KIS TR-1. All have their pros and cons, so it will be a weighted criteria decision in the end.

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours