William Wynne out of Business?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List
mikeso98312(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <![endif]--> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} <![endif]-->
Anybody know what's up with William Wynne?

I paid him for an intake and exhaust in December of 2009 that he has yet to send me. He hasn't responded to my emails or returned a phone call since August of last year. Moreover, I haven't seen anything on the web from him lately either.

It would appear that I am out about eight hundred bucks.

Regards to all,

Mike ONeal
Silverdale WA

[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
MRus597999(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

After writing some e-mails favorably of another corvair builder, and receiving some nasty e-mails from some of his ill mannered devotees, (who tattled on me by forwarding my e-mails to WW) I received a cell phone call from WW. It was a very respectful and cordial phone conference. I may have exaggerated some of my statements about WW. For instance I stated he doesn't stand behind his stuff, however,all who supply to the experimental building community don't guarantee their products, no one does, for the most part. He does make some internal engine parts as he has developed his own 5th bearing, although no better than Wieseman's 5th bearing and about 3 times more expensive, but so is Roy's Garage setup. (Why any one would buy other than Wieseman's setup is beyond me as it costs around 1/3 their 5th bearing costs.) WW answered some of my issues. However, I followed up on some of his comments to me about some of his competitors and I fear his information is at best out of date, as are some of the foul mouthed critics of me. Magnificent Machines does have aircraft flying with his engines.I watched the video of Steve Mskisdh's experimental airplane flying with iMM's corevair engine products quite successfully. Magnificent Machine had one new crank of its first orders that was defective, and which will be corrected, and MM has cranks in several other engines.

In any event, I too have had trouble in the past in getting WW products sent to me in a timely fashion, but I eventually always got what was owed to me. I would appreciate it if you would keep us up to date on your order. It's inexcusable what WW has done, or not done, with respect to your order.

I believe WW knowledge as to Corvair engine conversions is very good, still. But there are others out there who have some good experience and ideas and to his credit WW agrees with them. I will follow his guidelines as expressed in his books and videos which I have purchased for the most part and will use my own discretion in deciding otherwise.

As a retired collections attorney I would turn your claim over to a local collection agency in Florida and maybe you could get some pressure to send you your products.

MDR
[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
rvickski(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Mikey, you're cracking me up. How is 1695 three times more than 1100? I must have skipped class the day they taught fuzzy math. Glad someone payed attention.

Hey, listen, and keep this under your hat. I still have my fallout shelter from the 50's and it's well stocked with provisions left over from Y2K, come on over next year, we'll hang and yuk it up during the end of the world. We'll have a blast, guaranteed. I'll supply the beer, you bring the Zoloft, you can teach me fuzzy math and I'll show you how to hold 2 ten-thousandths on a line bore and explain why it's a good idea. Consider hoarding some of that Zoloft if you haven't already. We might be holed up for awhile. But don't worry, the plans are in place for repopulating the planet. So, for sure, get your plane done because there is a whole network of like minded folks scattered far and wide and we need to ensure the proper genetic diversity, and not take too long doing it.
We're looking for the right sort and you strike me as such.
But first convince me 1695 is three times more than 1100 because I'll need that logic the further my master plan for the new economy. And besides, I'll then be able to take the rest of what you say seriously.
Cheers Dude, and all in fun.

On Jan 26, 2011, at 2:10 PM, MRus597999(at)aol.com (MRus597999(at)aol.com) wrote:
[quote] He does make some internal engine parts as he has developed his own 5th bearing, although no better than Wieseman's 5th bearing and about 3 times more expensive, but so is Roy's Garage setup. (Why any one would buy other than Wieseman's setup is beyond me as it costs around 1/3 their 5th bearing costs.)

MDR

[b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
sblack

Joined: 14 Aug 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Doesn't Roys bearing include machining the case and line boring and precision location of the 5th bearing? It would make sense that providing this service costs money. Am I wrong?

(Why any one would buy other than Wieseman's setup is beyond me as it costs around 1/3 their 5th bearing costs.)
[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List

_________________
Scott Black
Montreal
Jodel F11 O-200
MRus597999(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Well , it has been represented to me, by WW himself, that he charged around $3k, Roy of Roy's Garage also charged around $3k a while back. But I see he now charges a lot less. Good. You could've said that also with out the insults. When I last checked Roy's price  was a lot higher and I didn't go back to his website because it was so high. (Also, I had a chance to interact a little with him at a Corvair College and "Mr. Warmth" he is not.) If WW and Roy have both lowered their prices to $1695 for a 5th bearing,..fine, (that is still a lot more than Dan's) and it still means you have to ship your engine to them to get the work done and who knows how much more it will cost after that. In any event is not $1695 more than Dan's $1050? You can support WW, or Roys Garage, with out the insults.

Mike Russell
(PS. Aeromax has a 5th bearing too, But I guess that's going to far to mention them as this will lead to more insults so just forget I mentioned it. WW told me he thought they were not in business anymore and other not so nice things.) The more I think about it I am going to stick with MM. I know when I order something from him I will get it in a timely manner.

====================================
s-List href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
====================================
ms.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
====================================
tp://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
====================================

[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
MRus597999(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

You don't have to do all the stuff that is required with Roy's 5th bearing, with Dan's setup. Even WW promotes and sells Dan's setup. Nothing wrong with Roy and I am sure his prices are appropriate. We're trying to save money in the experimental market and that's why I say all things being equal I will go with the lowest price.

In a message dated 1/26/2011 4:36:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, scott-black(at)sympatico.ca writes:
[...]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

But you most probably will not get the same high tolerance bearing alignment. Whether that is really required I don't know.
[quote]

You don't have to do all the stuff that is required with Roy's 5th bearing, with Dan's setup.

[b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List

_________________
Scott Black
Montreal
Jodel F11 O-200
MRus597999(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

You make a good point

In a message dated 1/26/2011 5:47:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, scott-black(at)sympatico.ca writes:
Quote:
But you most probably will not get the same high tolerance bearing alignment. Whether that is really required I don't know.
Quote:

You don't have to do all the stuff that is required with Roy's 5th bearing, with Dan's setup.

====================================
s-List href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
====================================
ms.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
====================================
tp://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
====================================

[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
fulcona(at)dow.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Like others, I too had to wait a good while to get some of the parts I had ordered from WW. But I eventually got them all. I think WW does so much of the work himself to keep costs down, that many items are backlogged. About WW, a couple of years ago at Oshkosh, I was at the WW display and I saw a part on display that I eventually was going to buy. WW said "take it." I didn't have the cash on me at that point and WW said to just take it. " I know you're good for it." Quite nice of him. Not many people would do that.
Neal [quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
MRus597999(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

I agree, WW is really focused on safety and sometimes he comes on strongly about that, but we can't be too safe. He and I talked yesterday on the phone about the guy who was out $800, among other things. WW said that this gentleman's order is part of a larger order and the balance hasn't been shipped because this guy put off taking it. I think it is really a problem of communication and I would suggest the guy keep trying to make contact. FlyCorvair, though is definitely still in business.

By the way does anyone know how to contact Steve Makish?

Mike Russell

In a message dated 1/27/2011 6:04:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, fulcona(at)dow.com writes:
[...]

cleone24(at)mchsi.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

Like you, I would like to believe in WW. He has been good with me, however, I was sorry to see him bad mouth Bill Clap some time ago. After their long relationship it would be better it seems to me to try to talk it over with Bill before accusing him of stealing. Hope it was not true because I have had a good relationship with Bill also. cleone

href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Back to top
klburris

Joined: 19 Dec 2009

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: William Wynne out of Business? Reply with quote

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CBC084.01A66810[/img] <![endif]-->
At a Corvair College (1Cool, William (and Rick Lindstrom) treated me exceptionally well in making sure I ended up with a good engine that they had sold me. During the college, I purchased some videos and books from William. There was one left in his series but my wallet was low so I didn’t buy it. When I paid for the other stuff, William just gave me the one book I didn’t have, saying “This is my gift to you for driving as far as you did for this college.” I  don’t know about anyone else, but as far as I am concerned, he made a customer for fife.
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
 AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature" <![endif]-->-- Keith
<![endif]-->[img]cid:image002.gif(at)01CBC084.01A66810[/img]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List

image001.jpg
 Filesize:  4.29 KB
 Viewed:  12828 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.gif
 Filesize:  7.65 KB
 Viewed:  12828 Time(s)

image002.gif

image001.jpg
 Filesize:  4.29 KB
 Viewed:  12828 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.gif
 Filesize:  7.65 KB
 Viewed:  12828 Time(s)

image002.gif

cleone24(at)mchsi.com
Guest

[img]cid:EDA11223B3334FCCA8E4AB2A42D7C337(at)CleonePC[/img]
At a Corvair College (1Cool, William (and Rick Lindstrom) treated me exceptionally well in making sure I ended up with a good engine that they had sold me. During the college, I purchased some videos and books from William. There was one left in his series but my wallet was low so I didn’t buy it. When I paid for the other stuff, William just gave me the one book I didn’t have, saying “This is my gift to you for driving as far as you did for this college.” I don’t know about anyone else, but as far as I am concerned, he made a customer for fife.

-- Keith
[img]cid:1DD20BAC1328437B9706F622ED063D0D(at)CleonePC[/img]
Yes, I agree. Cleone

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List

image001.jpg
 Filesize:  4.29 KB
 Viewed:  12817 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.gif
 Filesize:  7.65 KB
 Viewed:  12817 Time(s)

image002.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours