Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV12-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Day 20 Reply with quote

Quote:
Finished the side skins today and started work on the roll bar. Prety ingenious method of making the roll bar. All the pieces fit together very well. Got to get the fuse down off the work bench now. Looks like it's going to be too high to work on the inside up there.Albert GardnerRV-10 N991RVYuma, AZ

- The Matronics RV12-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV12-List

FILE0015_(Small).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.1 KB
 Viewed:  3326 Time(s)

FILE0015_(Small).JPG

rveighta(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Day 20 Reply with quote

Albert, I'm a little bit ahead of you on fuselage progress, and I found it easier to work inside the fuselage with it turned on it's side on
a couple of low sawhorses. By the way, when you get to the fuel lines, it may help to practice making the tubing bends with some
scrap tubing before attempting your first run. I didn't and messed up the run from the fuel pump to the tank.

Walt Shipley
RV8, RV8A, RV12 Fuselage

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Day 20 Reply with quote

Working with the fuse o n its side is a good idea. Plans say this is a good time to consider painting the inside. What idid you do Walt?
Albert

From: owner-rv12-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv12-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of rveighta(at)comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:20 AM
To: rv12-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Day 20

Albert, I'm a little bit ahead of you on fuselage progress, and I found it easier to work inside the fuselage with it turned on it's side on
a couple of low sawhorses. By the way, when you get to the fuel lines, it may help to practice making the tubing bends with some
scrap tubing before attempting your first run. I didn't and messed up the run from the fuel pump to the tank.

Walt Shipley
RV8, RV8A, RV12 Fuselage

---

rveighta(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Day 20 Reply with quote

Albert, sorry for the delay. I've been out West on vacation this past week. Regarding your question about painting the interior, I elected
to buy Van's complete interior, including the side panels. I trial fitted the interior to see what would need to be painted and found that
I would not have to do much painting. But, I plan on painting the few areas that do need painting before going much further.

Walt

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV12-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: