Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bottom wing skin overlap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJohnston(at)popsound.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: bottom wing skin overlap Reply with quote

while i'm on the subject -

i'm looking at the overlap in the bottom wing skins and wondering if i really want to work the joint as fully as i did the top skins. anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?

cj
wings
www.perfectlygoodairplane.net

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rvbuilder(at)sausen.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: bottom wing skin overlap Reply with quote

I didn't bother at all.  It's not a requirement and is really an appearance issue.  I figure I can clean it up with a little bondo before paint.

Michael Sausen
RV-10 #352 Working on Fuselage
Do Not Archive

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Tim(at)MyRV10.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: bottom wing skin overlap Reply with quote

I didn't do my bottom ones either. I think it would be a waste of time,
personally.

Regarding your spar dimpling question, if you mean the main wing spar,
then I think they're all countersunk. The rear spar I don't remember
very well, but I think it was dimpled....I'd have to go back and
look at my photos. It's getting fuzzy. Wink

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD - Flying
do not archive
RV Builder (Michael Sausen) wrote:
[quote]
I didn't bother at all. It's not a requirement and is really an
appearance issue. I figure I can clean it up with a little bondo before
paint.

Michael Sausen
RV-10 #352 Working on Fuselage
Do Not Archive

--

CJohnston(at)popsound.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: bottom wing skin overlap Reply with quote

hey all -

i think i was just being lazy. it didn't take much to sand the overlap, and i didn't go as nutty on it as the top ones. anyway, i never found the instructions saying "dimple the rear spar" but that's what i did. i think they just left it out of the instructions at the point of dimpling everything. thanks for the responses.

cj
wings
www.perfectlygoodairplane.net
--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: