Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
PatrickW

Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

Anybody thinking about installing Wing Lockers when they do their upgrades...?

Pro's/Con's...?

Patrick
N63PZ

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
LHusky

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: Madras, Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

I am actually thinking about adding the wing lockers now that I have to tear the wings apart. Still have not decided fully.

Larry Husky
Madras, Oregon

In a message dated 11/9/2009 4:56:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, pwhoyt(at)yahoo.com writes:
Quote:
--> Zenith601-List message posted by: "PatrickW" <pwhoyt(at)yahoo.com>

Anybody thinking about installing Wing Lockers when they do their upgrades...?

Pro's/Con's...?

Patrick
N63PZ

--------
Patrick
XL/650/Corvair
N63PZ (reserved)

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=271997#271997===============================================
_nbsp; (And Get Some AWESOME FREE to find Gifts tric re b k you for p; -Matt Dralle, List ======================== Use the ties Day ================================================ - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ==================================================

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
rsteele(at)rjsit.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

If anyone is thinking about doing this, be aware that the 650 lockers
are a bit different than the 601 and, in my opinion, a bit better.
Not a big deal, but worth cosidering

Ron
(Wings, not closed)

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p 71997#271997

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
PatrickW

Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

rsteele(at)rjsit.com wrote:
be aware that the 650 lockers are a bit different than the 601 and, in my opinion, a bit better.

How are they different?

BTW - congrats to you guys who had the foresight to not close your wings. I'd be further along in my build if I wasn't so far along....
- Pat

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
rsteele(at)rjsit.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

Without looking at the plans: the "flanges" around the sides and back
are wider on the 650, stiffing on the cover is a bit different, and
the biggy, the hinge is mounted with the pin down rather than with the
pin up. Shimming the hinge to the top skin different. I think maybe
the rear bulkhead is slightly different. Sorry, don't have the plans
at hand.

Ron
On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:01 PM, PatrickW wrote:

Quote:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p 72011#272011

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
GLJSOJ1

Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Retrofitting Wing Lockers with the Upgrade Reply with quote

For those of you on the fence about the wing lockers, I can get into a lot of my wings with the lockers open to fish out cables wires and such. Saved me a couple of times building.

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

601XL N676L FLYING PHASE I
CHESAPEAKE VA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours