trim bundle in the Empennage kt ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List
dan(at)rdan.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

In my Empennage kit I got a "Trim Bundle" about 9 pieces 4 x 15
Are these my practice pieces ,?,, or are these used in the kit,
Thanks,
Dan

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
smitty(at)smittysrv.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
Yeah, I was puzzled by that bundle also. I didn't touch it because I thought
"maybe it is used somewhere in the building process". I'm almost finished
with my tailkit and haven't used any of it yet.
Smitty's RV-9A
http://SmittysRV.com
http://FunPlacesToFly.com

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
chaztuna(at)adelphia.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

Dan
The trim bundles are usually the left over "drop" from the aluminum sheets used to make the prefabricated parts. This material is included for you to use for fabricated add on parts, shims, scab flanges, rivet practice,etc.
When you get to the fuselage kit there are scores of parts which must be fabricated from stock. I can't remember if there were any "fabricated from stock" parts to be made from the wing kit.
Charlie Kuss
---- Dan <dan(at)rdan.com> wrote:

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
alan(at)reichertech.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

The trim bundle will be used later to make shims and the attachment
brackets for fiberglass pieces, etc.
- Alan
Quote:
Time: 10:12:17 PM PST US
From: Dan <dan(at)rdan.com>
Subject: RV-List: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ?

--
Alan Reichert
RV-8 N927AR (reserved)

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
brett.morawski(at)buckeye
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

Dan,
Don't know which RV you're building, but I asked Van's that question on my
-8. They said (correctly as it turned out) to save one sheet of .032" to
make the R-717 shim on the rudder and R-716 rudder bottom attach strips.
The rest are for whatever.
Brett
Toledo
-8a wings

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
elsa-henry(at)darlor-watc
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

Dan, Back in late 1994 when I ordered my complete kit for my -6A (before a big price hike in '95), the Van's shop packers must have cleaned out their scrap, because they threw in a nicely bundled package of 2024 Al. mostly strips 35" long with tapered sides, 9" on one end to ~3" on the other, with guages fom .016 to .040" and some .063! The bundle had a note written on it-- "from packers in the shop, for that custom bracket, etc"--.There must have been over 60 pieces and a considerable weight that they packed in the Finishing Kit crate! Despite giving a lot of it away, I still have a few pieces left! This was in the days before you guys got pre-punched skins.
Cheers!!--Henry Hore, -6A, C-GELS, sold in '05 for med. reasons--

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
algrajek

Location: Lexington, Ky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

It is just a bundle of scrap for practice or spares. You will have one with each kit. : Smile

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List

_________________
just rv8in
algrajek

Location: Lexington, Ky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: trim bundle in the Empennage kt ? Reply with quote

It is just a bundle of scrap for practice or spares. You will have one with each kit. : Smile
--------
just rv8in

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List

just rv8in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours