Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing fuel pump eccentric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joemotis(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Removing fuel pump eccentric Reply with quote

Greeting,
I do not want to reinstall the mechanical fuel pump eccentric. Has anybody done this and what did you use for a spacer? Or should I machine down the eccentric.

I see two reasons for doing this the first being the weight savings and the second is removing a source of vibration.

Thanks

Joe Motis WW Corvair
Need a job? Find employment help in your area.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
aletherington(at)rogers.c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Removing fuel pump eccentric Reply with quote

Joemotis(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
Greeting,
I do not want to reinstall the mechanical fuel pump eccentric. Has
anybody done this and what did you use for a spacer? Or should I
machine down the eccentric.

I see two reasons for doing this the first being the weight savings
and the second is removing a source of vibration.

Thanks

Joe Motis WW Corvair

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a job? Find employment help in your area
<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000005>.

Joe:

I followed Pat Panzera's lead and made an aluminum spacer similar to the
steel one in front of the eccentric. The eccentric is very close to
3/16" thick, and I made mine from a piece of 6061 T6 that I had on
hand. As Pat points out, we don't know if anyone has flown with this
mod, so you do it at your own risk.

Al Etherington

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Lee Steensland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Removing fuel pump eccentric Reply with quote

I talked to WW about this at Arlington last year. To paraphrase, he didn't think it was a good idea to remove it if you already had your crank balanced. It's balanced against the wobble of the eccentric.

If you remove the eccentric, then your crank will be out of balance (a bad thing).

My two cents:
If you removed the eccentric, THEN get the crank balanced, you should be ok. Here again, I too don't know of anyone that has flown behind this mod, so do so at your own peril.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: