Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you don't fly it, it will break.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
europa(at)triton.net

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: If you don't fly it, it will break. Reply with quote

Steve,

I buy that kind of stuff from the factory. They have the correct items, the
service is good, the prices don't seem horrible and it helps keep Europa
2004 in business.

I ran across your new home base on a glider website. Looks like a neat
place for soaring as well as keeping a Europa. Now you need to build the
long wings so it will fit in with others there!!

Jim Butcher, N241BW

Do Not Archive

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
acrojim(at)cfl.rr.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: If you don't fly it, it will break. Reply with quote

Steve

The brake pads can be ordered from Aircraft Spruce. There are several listed, however you need to order the 66-106 pads.

The brake seals are "0" rings, most any A/C maintenance shop have different sizes available, and should be able to match yours.

Jim Brown

scrimm wrote:

Quote:

Today after almost 10 months of non-Europa flying, I went flying. You may ask why such a gap, well in June of 2005 my wife had a non-malignant (meningioma) brain tumor removed. Two weeks after her surgery, I fell and broke my left wrist. My wife is back at 100%, my wrist, now that is another story. It is healed, but still a little swollen and it still can't support a lot of weight.

So what broke? I blew out my brake seals and pissed DOT 5 all over the undercarriage, fortunately on my return to my new home field (20GA).

If anyone would like to share with me a source for pads and seals on this side of the pond I would greatly appreciate the reference. Or do I need to just order them from Europa?

I have also added a picture of my aircraft from today at Chilowee Gliderport at Benton, TN.

Thanks,

----------------
This Email contains Photos or Attachments located at the following link:
http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=10400#10400

----------------

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

scrimm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: If you don't fly it, it will break. Reply with quote

Jim,

Chilhowee unfortunately is not the new home base. That is where I got my
commercial glider rating and self launch endorsement. My new home base is
just to the west of Atlanta in Villa Rica at a private field called
Stockmar. Identifier 20GA.

Steve

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: