Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airshow Compensation and comm lic req.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L39parts(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Drew,

It is very illustrative that you returned with this advice from the NWOC.  There is no FAR 91.500 and 91.501 has nothing whatsoever to due with the issue of compensation for display at airshows:

Sec. 91.501  Applicability.
    (a) This subpart prescribes operating rules, in addition to those
prescribed in other subparts of this part, governing the operation of
large airplanes of U.S. registry, turbojet-powered multiengine civil
airplanes of U.S. registry, and fractional ownership program aircraft...

Was it a good party at least?  Were all of the other technical issues handled with smoke and mirrors too?  You, and the feeble-minded bureaucrats in DC, need to figure out that there are a few of us who know how to read.  You go to a high level summit with the ruling class and return with this crap!  Was this boondoggle at the expense of the association?
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Ron,
I think your shooting the messenger here. The beaurearcrate (sp) that needs to shot is Jeff...whoever he is! Sounds to me like "Jeff" just reached up the backside and pulled one out knowing that the poor RPA pilot would not have a clue at that time! Or he was just the usual beaureacrtatic idiot dazzling one and all with Bull Shit!
Doc

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

david(at)mcgirt.net

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Ron,

Please secure your happiness, Drew went to the meetings on our behalf, asked questions on our behalf of a FAA guy, and returned with the answer that the FAA guy gave him.  If you want to point out that you think we got bad information, and Drew should follow back up for us, that might be a good use of our collective time.  I am sure that is what you meant, not the simple minded bashing that it seemed to be.

With that said, Drew – maybe we could get some clarification from your contacts there?

David

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Ron Davis
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:30 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req.

Drew,

It is very illustrative that you returned with this advice from the NWOC.  There is no FAR 91.500 and 91.501 has nothing whatsoever to due with the issue of compensation for display at airshows:

Sec. 91.501  Applicability.
    (a) This subpart prescribes operating rules, in addition to those
prescribed in other subparts of this part, governing the operation of
large airplanes of U.S. registry, turbojet-powered multiengine civil
airplanes of U.S. registry, and fractional ownership program aircraft...

Was it a good party at least?  Were all of the other technical issues handled with smoke and mirrors too?  You, and the feeble-minded bureaucrats in DC, need to figure out that there are a few of us who know how to read.  You go to a high level summit with the ruling class and return with this crap!  Was this boondoggle at the expense of the association?
[quote]
---

rvfltd(at)televar.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Drew and all those interested in the compensation issue,
As you all know, this matter is of great interest to me and mis-information or incorrect facts only serves to make both the effort and myself appear amateurish. 

I find it hard to believe that even with our differences Drew would attempt to feed me bad info.  But that being said I do believe we all deserve a clarification.  

Drew referred to a Jeff Weller of the DC FAA, does anyone out there have his email address?

Always Yakin,
Doug Sapp
[quote] --

Scooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

This is from Drew's post:

" 1. Research the regulation and rule extensively, the best way to argue the merits of your position is to have an equal command of that regulation a s the does the enforcer/interpreter. Jeff mentioned the details could be found in 91.500 or 501 which should be online - warning, I've never met a FSDO who could remember every regulation, but take a look. "

Seems like he included a pretty clear disclaimer in there. He said to research it and understand it. You did, you do and it doesn't apply. Big deal.

L39parts(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

My comments do seem a bit harsh in the bright light of day.  There are other possible explanations for Drew quoting 91.500 and 91.501.  Several times I've been to high level government problem-solving summits when one of the strippers knocked over a bottle and got beer on the napkin I was taking notes on.  A lot of times you don't even notice until next day and then it's difficult to relate the exact details of the meeting.   
[quote] ---

L39parts(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Seriously, although the prior post was an exageration rather than a fabrication, my BS meter started trending upscale when I read the numbers 91.500 and 91.501. It took less than a minute to look them up.  Even if Drew isn't familiar enough with the FARs to know those were bad numbers when he first heard them, it wouldn't have been much trouble for him to look up the references.  He could have then announced on the list that the FAA sent clueless buffoons to NWOC and maintained his own prestige.  Instead, he tried to pursuade us that he was a party to a serious discussion of our problems and was working to find solutions.  Give a guy enough rope...
[quote] ---

L39parts(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

It's too bad DREW didn't follow that advice. Better at giving advice than
taking it...hmmm...it sounds like Drew missed his calling, should be with
the FAA.

---

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

"_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  the FAA sent clueless buffoons to NWOC "

Clueless buffoons they may be, BUT they are the clueless buffoons in charge.  Of course you can right the wrongs perceived by getting a job at the FAA (pays very well, better job security than any airline, and you do get to fly a lot) and start your crusade to right the wrongs in the most effective place there. 

It still comes to the fact that you need a commercial and a current 2nd class physical to receive fuel, rooms, food, hooker, etc etc etc.

Pappy

[quote] ---

mjbjhf(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Hookers!!??!!  Nobody told me about the Hookers!
Now we are going to get my CJ back in the air this weekend, then I'm going for my medical and checkride!!  Let me know when the next show is Pappy!

(laughs)

And thanks for the information Pappy.   Putting it to use today and FSDO is scheduled for Sunday.  Some of those guys are pretty good people to work on a Sunday wouldn'y ya say.

Michael "Mighty" Bolton
"if it doesn't sound round, WHY LOOK?"
[quote] ---

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

OK, I agree one should research the data you publish for public educification. Truthfully, my hard copy of the FARs is a 2000 edition and sits on a remote shelf in my study.  Yeh, I could go to the web to FAA.Gov to find them. But as things go, I don't unless it has a direct impact on me. This issue really does not affect me, others yes. The bottomline as an old Chief told me once as a young pup..."If you don't look out for yourself, Lt., nobody else will." Research and know your regs before picking your fight.
So Drew, 20 lashes with a wet noodle and next time protect that napkin from the stripper and your beer so those notes are not faded and running. Besides, there are social diseases not even discribed in medical literature yet found in strippers these days!
Doc

[quote] ---

brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Ron Davis wrote:
Quote:
Seriously, although the prior post was an exageration rather than a
fabrication, my BS meter started trending upscale when I read the
numbers 91.500 and 91.501. It took less than a minute to look them up.
Even if Drew isn't familiar enough with the FARs to know those were bad
numbers when he first heard them, it wouldn't have been much trouble for
him to look up the references. He could have then announced on the list
that the FAA sent clueless buffoons to NWOC and maintained his own
prestige. Instead, he tried to pursuade us that he was a party to a
serious discussion of our problems and was working to find solutions.
Give a guy enough rope...

God knows, Drew and I have our differences. But I don't think that Drew
does anything with malice of forethought. As I see it, the most likely
scenarios are:

1. the FAA boneheads transcribed the citation incorrectly and Drew
accurately wrote down what they said;

2. Drew mis-heard what they said and transcribed it incorrectly.

Give him a chance to get the correct information.

Something to think about: has anyone thought to exclude FAA personnel
from the "pilots lounge" at a show? I doubt many FAA personnel have
pilot's licenses. That would make it difficult for them to find out that
someone with only a PPSEL has committed the most heinous crime of eating
a vendor-provided hot dog.

And if, heaven forbid, some PPSEL has inadvertently received fuel in his
airplane because it was sitting on the ramp, it is pretty hard to prove
if everyone just keeps their fool mouths shut. You think the FAA is
going to demand an audit of all fuel and how it was paid for? I doubt
that the FAA is going to go to the trouble to get a subpoena for the
information. And even if they do it is possible that somehow the records
can't be located.

And, yes, I am a malcontent who is advocating civil disobedience.

--
Brian Lloyd 361 Catterline Way
brian-yak at lloyd dot com Folsom, CA 95630
+1.916.367.2131 (voice) +1.270.912.0788 (fax)

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Scooter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Airshow Compensation and comm lic req. Reply with quote

Wow, you guys are tough on each other. Are you a Yak or a CJ guy Ron? I couldn't find you on the red star roster.
L39parts(at)hotmail.com wrote:
It's too bad DREW didn't follow that advice. Better at giving advice than
taking it...hmmm...it sounds like Drew missed his calling, should be with
the FAA.

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: