Mono Wheel Brake System

scrimm

Location: Gilbert, SC SC99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Mono Wheel Brake System Reply with quote

I have been told that there is a funnel that screws into the top of the
master cylinder for a mono wheel when bleeding the brakes. Where does one
get one of these funnels?

Thanks

Steve
N42AH

Steve Crimm
N42AH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
96victor(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Mono Wheel Brake System Reply with quote

Hi Steve

I ordered mine from Europa. It works well and is very handy.

Tom
On 3/11/06, Tom Friedland <96victor(at)gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:

Hi Steve
On 3/11/06, Steve Crimm <steve.crimm(at)stephenscott.com> wrote:

> I have been told that there is a funnel that screws into the top of the
> master cylinder for a mono wheel when bleeding the brakes. Where does
> one
> get one of these funnels?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
> N42AH

96victor(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Mono Wheel Brake System Reply with quote

Hi Steve

On 3/11/06, Steve Crimm <steve.crimm(at)stephenscott.com> wrote:
Quote:

steve.crimm(at)stephenscott.com>

I have been told that there is a funnel that screws into the top of the
master cylinder for a mono wheel when bleeding the brakes. Where does one
get one of these funnels?

Thanks

Steve
N42AH

flyinggpa(at)comcast.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Mono Wheel Brake System Reply with quote

Steve

I found it was much easier and faster to fill the brake system from the wheel cylinder bleed fitting. That is the way the pros in the auto shops do it.

I used a large plastic syringe and "squirted " brake fluid in from the bottom till it ran out the top.

Just my idea.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Mono Wheel Brake System Reply with quote

Hi! Steve
I had one but have graduated to using a syringe, without the needle
fitted, to fill the master cylinders. I fill them brim full with lots of
rag stuffed round the cylinder then put the plug cap into place by
fingers allowing excess oil to overflow into the rags. Then a final
squeeze up leaves the brakes" right on the button."

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300