Rotax 914 turbo engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
K Dilks

Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

To follow up my question about Airmaster props has anyone heard , seen or actually fitted them selfsthe 914 turbo to a 601 XL ?
I Know I will be on my own regarding the engine mount, all I can find on the net was a mention of one fitted to a XL on floats.

Any ideas or opinions welcome........ I have a thick skin LOL
Kev

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

_________________
Back home .................
psm(at)att.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

I thought the 914 turbo had more power than the design limit of the
XL. The max horsepower is 120.

Paul
XL getting close
do not archive

At 04:03 AM 10/20/2008, you wrote:

Quote:
To follow up my question about Airmaster props has anyone heard ,
seen or actually fitted them selfsthe 914 turbo to a 601 XL ?
I Know I will be on my own regarding the engine mount, all I can
find on the net was a mention of one fitted to a XL on floats.

Any ideas or opinions welcome........ I have a thick skin LOL
Kev

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
K Dilks

Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

914 is 115 hp but keeps 100hp up to 15,000 ft

Max continuous is 100 hp Weighs less than a O-200 too.
Kev

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

_________________
Back home .................
craig(at)craigandjean.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

Doesn't the 914 use the same mounting points as the 912? In other words
can't you use the 912 mount that Zenith supplied at one point (and may
still)?

-- Craig

--

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
ch701builder(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

Ya know, that is what I was thinking. If you read the specs. the 914 is the 912 (80hp) with a turbo added, (at least the bore and stroke) so I was also under that same assumption that it is a 912 block.

just my 2.

Keith
CH701 -- scratch -- skinning elevator.
N 38.9940
W 105.1305
Alt. 9,100'
--> Zenith601-List message posted by: "Craig Payne" <craig(at)craigandjean.com (craig(at)craigandjean.com)>

Doesn't the 914 use the same mounting points as the 912? In other words
can't you use the 912 mount that Zenith supplied at one point (and may
still)?

-- Craig

--

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
craig(at)craigandjean.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

But the mount (bed or ring) has to clear the different plumbing/blower/etc so it isn’t a sure thing.

-- Craig

--> Zenith601-List message posted by: "Craig Payne" <craig(at)craigandjean.com (craig(at)craigandjean.com)>

Doesn't the 914 use the same mounting points as the 912? In other words
can't you use the 912 mount that Zenith supplied at one point (and may
still)?

-- Craig

--

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Back to top
K Dilks

Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotax 914 turbo engine Reply with quote

You have to use the ring mount as supplied as the turbo sits underneath, also this system gives very good anti vibration without the engine being overly soft mounted.
Any one seen one on a 601? Seen one on the 701 on the web site.

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

914-a.jpg
 Filesize:  60.15 KB
 Viewed:  356 Time(s)

914-a.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours