701 Seat Pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
Dennis - 701

Joined: 18 Aug 2008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: 701 Seat Pan Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has any instructions or photos as to what would need to be done to lower the seat pan about 1 inch. I'm 6'2" and should be ok for head room but thought if it's not much extra work would go ahead and do it. I know electric flaps are one of the requirements and was already planning to install them.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
N701NH (reserved)
Chelsea, Michigan

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
petes15515(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: 701 Seat Pan Reply with quote

Just a thought Dennis C but as I recall there isn't too much clearance between the flaperon control rod and seat so if you lower yours I suspect there may be interference.
Peter
Scratch building 701

Quote:
Subject: 701 Seat Pan
From: dhall(at)cch.org
Date: Mon C 18 Aug 2008 07:20:29 -0700
To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com

--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Dennis - 701" <dhall(at)cch.org>

Just wondering if anyone has any instructions or photos as to what would need to be done to lower the seat pan about 1 inch. I'm 6'2" and should be ok for head room but thought if it's not much extra work would go ahead and do it. I know electric flaps are one of the requirements and was already planning to install them.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
N701NH (reserved)
Chelsea C Michigan

Archive Search & Download C 7-Day Browse C Chat C FAQ C
&gt=========

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Back to top
ch701builder

Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Location: N38.9947,W105.1305,ALT. 9,100'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: 701 Seat Pan Reply with quote

Dennis,
Get in touch with Doug at Quality Sport Planes in CA. They modified a 701 for Michael Heintz since he is also a tall guy. Doug should be able to let you know what they did, and how they did it.

http://www.qualitysportplanes.com/

Later,
Keith
CH701 -- scratch
N 38.9940
W 105.1305
Alt. 9,100' (snow was in the air last weekend 8-16-0Cool

Peter Dolamore wrote:
Quote:
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Just a thought Dennis, but as I recall there isn't too much clearance between the flaperon control rod and seat so if you lower yours I suspect there may be interference.
Peter
Scratch building 701

> Subject: 701 Seat Pan
> From: dhall(at)cch.org (dhall(at)cch.org)
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:20:29 -0700
> To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com (zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com)
>
> --> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Dennis - 701" <dhall(at)cch.org> (dhall(at)cch.org)
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any instructions or photos as to what would need to be done to lower the seat pan about 1 inch. I'm 6'2" and should be ok for head room but thought if it's not much extra work would go ahead and do it. I know electric flaps are one of the requirements and was already planning to install them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dennis
> N701NH (reserved)
> Chelsea, Michigan
>

> Read this topic online here:

> Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
>=========

Quote:

ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

--
************************************* BestFit Clean Clean false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <![endif]--> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } <![endif]--> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} <![endif]-->
*************************************

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dennis - 701

Joined: 18 Aug 2008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 701 Seat Pan Reply with quote

Thanks Keith, I just talked to Doug. He said it's very simple, just fit the seat pan as normal and before doing the final riveting cut the pan from side to side down the middle. Spread the pan and add a filler piece then rivet with A4 rivets. He said it should lower you about 1.5 inches.

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours