New Panel Design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
lykowdk

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

So, I spent some time laying out a new panel for my 601.. Shocked
Any thoughts? Very Happy

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

DSCF0512_c.JPG
 Filesize:  137.53 KB
 Viewed:  683 Time(s)

DSCF0512_c.JPG

lykowdk

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Ok.. So its a selfless plug.. I have been itching to show these off for months..

More info at www.dynonavionics.com

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Gig Giacona

Location: El Dorado Arkansas USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

I hate you guys. You are releasing those just far enough in the future that they aren't an option for me.

Guess I'll just have to live with the 180. Poor, poor pitiful me.

More info at www.dynonavionics.com

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

_________________
W.R. "Gig" Giacona
601XL Under Construction
See my progress at www.peoamerica.net/N601WR
john.marzulli(at)gmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

If it were me...

I would move the Dynons ( why not a Grand Rapids Wink ) further towards the center so you have more edge room on the panels.

Looks good though.

DO NOT ARCHIVE!
John Marzulli

http://701Builder.blogspot.com/
http://www.GenevieveMarzulli.org/
http://www.JohnMarzulli.net/

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM, lykowdk <engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com (engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
[quote] --> Zenith-List message posted by: "lykowdk" <engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com (engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com)>

So, I spent some time laying out a new panel for my 601.. [Shocked]
Any thoughts? Very Happy

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/dscf0512_c_170.jpg

[b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
lykowdk

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion.. Actually a couple people have suggested I move them further in.. LOL.. I honestly just randomly taped them to the panel to show them off. Depending on how things work out, I may start with the 7's and upgrade to a pair of 10's eventually once we release our Com radio and transponder. ( I won't need the panel space for radios )

Why not Grand Rapids? LOL.. Because Dynons are the Best! and the price is right. Wink

Just in case anyone out there was wondering how my fuselage just seemed to have appeared.. I was the person who bought the $1500 deal in Lynnwood, WA about a week ago. It was right down the road from me, and the workmanship was excellent. It was just a little more complete than a Quickbuild.

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics Software Engineer
601XL
I would move the Dynons ( why not a Grand Rapids Wink )
further towards the
center so you have more edge room on the panels.

Looks good though.

DO NOT ARCHIVE!

John Marzulli

http://701Builder.blogspot.com/
http://www.GenevieveMarzulli.org/
http://www.JohnMarzulli.net/

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM, lykowdk
<engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

"lykowdk" <engineerguy3737(at)yahoo.com>

> So, I spent some time laying out a new panel for my
601.. [Shocked]
> Any thoughts? Very Happy
>
> Dan Lykowski
> Dynon Avionics
>

> Read this topic online here:

> Attachments:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com//files/dscf0512_c_170.jpg

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
craig(at)craigandjean.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok.. So its a selfless plug.. I have been itching to show these off
for months..

Congratulations on your new baby.

But why don't you design in an MGL Odyssey (shipping since the
beginning of the year) or Voyager - then you wouldn't have to wait
until 2009 for a large screen EFIS Wink

There were working Voyagers from the first production run in the MGL
and SteinAir booths (next to the Dynon demo).

Just kidding - I'm sure the new Dynons will be as useful and popular as
the current products.

-- Craig

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
Gig Giacona

Location: El Dorado Arkansas USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Craig, John, I am laughing so hard right now.

Dan works for Dynon.
Quote:

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

_________________
W.R. "Gig" Giacona
601XL Under Construction
See my progress at www.peoamerica.net/N601WR
craig(at)craigandjean.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Quote:
Dan works for Dynon.

And you are thinking I don't know that? Smile

-- Craig

Do not archive

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
mackay(at)physics.ubc.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Hi Dan

Your panel design is very interesting! I noticed that you have two
rectangular instruments in the middle; were these meant to be the comm
radio and the transponder? I thought that the new Dynon unit could be
purchased with these included.

Will it be possible to operate the new unit with the D120 in something
like the current D120/D100 combination? i.e. sharing screens?

Best regards
Alex MacKay

601HDS, Jab 3300, starting engine installation

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, lykowdk wrote:

Quote:

So, I spent some time laying out a new panel for my 601.. [Shocked]
Any thoughts? Very Happy

Dan Lykowski
Dynon Avionics

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/dscf0512_c_170.jpg

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
Gig Giacona

Location: El Dorado Arkansas USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Give me a break. It was early and my sarcasm detector hadn't booted up yet.
[quote="craig(at)craigandjean.com"]
Quote:
Dan works for Dynon.
And you are thinking I don't know that? Smile

-- Craig

Do not archive

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

_________________
W.R. "Gig" Giacona
601XL Under Construction
See my progress at www.peoamerica.net/N601WR
annken100

Joined: 15 Nov 2007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Dan,

The next gen dynon units are most impressive. I stop by the dynon booth here at OSH daily to gawk at them. Of course, you guys suck because I have already purchased my dynon gear already!! In comparison to the next gen stuff my panel all of a sudden looks archaic. I've included a picture below. It looks like a major avionics upgrade is in my plane's future and its not even finished yet!!

Ken Pavlou

601XL / Corvair

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

IMG_0274.jpg
 Filesize:  126.74 KB
 Viewed:  582 Time(s)

IMG_0274.jpg

_________________
601 XL / Corvair
amyvega2005(at)earthlink.
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Bout the nicest panel I have seen so far!

Juan

--

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
maarten versteeg

Joined: 15 May 2007
Location: San Antonio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Hello Ken,

Sure you can always find fancier panels, but your panel would
be a huge improvement over the panels I find in the 30 year
old planes I regularly rent. The more advanced Dynon panels
might even invite to flight into riskier environments beyond
the basic VFR. But it certainly is nice that they combined the
navigation (map) display in their system, but you loose the
redundancy of map and EFIS.
When I looked at your panel picture I was actually surprised,
I am only just about to start the fuselage and here suddenly
was my current draft panel concept already in real life. Do
you have higher resolution pictures that you would be willing
to share (or email me personally). Two other questions, what
radio did you decide upon and is the hole on the right of
the Dynon for the announced autopilot control panel?

Regards,
Maarten,
plans building 601xl,
about to finish the 2nd wing
Quote:

Dan,

The next gen dynon units are most impressive. I stop by the dynon booth here at
OSH daily to gawk at them. Of course, you guys suck because I have already
purchased my dynon gear already!! In comparison to the next gen stuff my panel
all of a sudden looks archaic. I've included a picture below. It looks like
a major avionics upgrade is in my plane's future and its not even finished yet!!

Ken Pavlou

601XL / Corvair

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

_________________
Maarten Versteeg
601XL scratch building wings
annken100

Joined: 15 Nov 2007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Panel Design Reply with quote

Hi Maarten,

I'd be happy to send you pictures of my panel, however I am in OSH as I type this. When I get home I'll send you some more pics.

I went with the Garmin SL30 for Nav/Com and a Garmin GTX327 for the transponder. My GPS is an Avmap EKP IV. The hole in the panel is for the Dynon AP76 autopilot module. The Dynon equipment in the picture is an HS34, Flightdeck D180, and EFIS D100.

Regards,

Ken Pavlou
601 XL / Corvair

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

601 XL / Corvair
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours