Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith640-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephen363(at)earthlink.n

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website? Reply with quote

Hi all, I am new to the 640 community. I just ordered my plans while I was in Iraq (s/n: 094). I did a lot of research while there and found many similarities between the 640 and their other models. Tim Ward was extremely helpful. I am home now and will be ordering the tail kit here in the next couple days. Thanks to all for the great input on this forum. It's all been very helpful and educational, even the not so good stuff. I'm glad we have this site to share ideas on finally. My wife and I were planning on visiting the factory in Canada to pick up the tail kit and see the demo model. Tim informed me that the demo model was at their plant in Georgia, not Canada, but they'd be happy to give us a ride and tour down there. He also stated that I could pick up kits from their plant there. Possibly saving shipping for me. So far I have also noticed that the internet information for the 640 is severely lacking compared to their other aircraft. They have been very good at communicating with me via e-mail thus far though. Tim Had my plans to me in Iraq within about 10 days after receipt of my payment!! I hope things keep going as smoothly as they have so far. Here is my kitlog website if anyone is interested.

http://www.mykitlog.com/stephen363

I have all my tools and am ready to begin the build as soon as I can get the tail kit here. Hope to keep in touch with all of you.
Mark Burrows

- The Matronics Zenith640-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith640-List
doug_geese(at)fwmetals.co

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website? Reply with quote

Mark,

Welcome to the 640 community. It's good to see quite a bit of activity
surrounding the 640. I guess getting our own list has helped.

I would highly recommend at least one visit to the factory. I went
there twice, once to pick up my wing kit and another to get the canopy
kit. Tim provided me with a plant tour and showed me various
subassemblies that they were working on at the time.

You're right there are many similarities. About 90% of the 640 is from
the certified Alarus. My dad is building a 601 and you definitely
notice common techniques and assemblies in it also.

Doug Geese

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

haven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website? Reply with quote

Mark,

Thanks for your service... and welcome to the boards

Scott Stewart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website? Reply with quote

Hi Mark and All,

I am also somewhat new to the CH640. I bought my plans back in January (s/n 0092) and chose to build the complete aircraft from the plans. I now have a lot of the parts fabricated, and my rudder and stabilator are nearly complete.

I found a few places in the plans where the dimensions are confusing or are inaccurate. Tim Ward acknowledged the problems and said they would incorporate the feedback into their next plan revision, but they would not supply a list of all known problems with the plans. Does anyone know of a web site which has a full list of plans errata?

pilot4pay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: CH 640 no longer listed on the zenithair website? Reply with quote

Scott Stewart wrote:
Hi Mark and All,

I am also somewhat new to the CH640. I bought my plans back in January (s/n 0092) and chose to build the complete aircraft from the plans. I now have a lot of the parts fabricated, and my rudder and stabilator are nearly complete.

I found a few places in the plans where the dimensions are confusing or are inaccurate. Tim Ward acknowledged the problems and said they would incorporate the feedback into their next plan revision, but they would not supply a list of all known problems with the plans. Does anyone know of a web site which has a full list of plans errata?

Scott, why don't we start here? If you would take the time to post your findings, I will make up a spreadsheet of drawing dates and revisions. indexed to the drawing number, leaving some space for comments. The zenith dwgs. don't tell you what was changed, just rev level and rev date.
Maybe together we can piece together a database of our own. This is exactly the kind of information these forums supposed to help with.

Too bad Zenair isn't interested in that level of support to builders, like Zenith in Mexico does for the other kit aircraft. I think this is the kind of issue alluded to in my posting to the builders check in thread. My sn is 0078, and I would sure like to know if there has been an update to a drawing since I purchased my plans.

"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them are even stupider!"
--George Carlin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith640-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: