Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (PICTURES ATTACHED)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (PICTURES ATTACHED) Reply with quote

For SALE: Luggage/Cargo Bag.

I want to sell the luggage/cargo bag that was originally installed in my Vixen (Series 5). It is blue in color and is in excellent condition. I replaced it with the “large” cargo bag a few months ago. This bag mounts (with Velcro) to the top seat assembly tube and to the next horizontal support member that is about 14’ aft of that. The floor of the bag is larger than the top. It is 18”x18” and is made of 1/8” Masonite. It also has the triangle shaped wings on each side to create the smaller size side pockets. All Velcro is in excellent condition and there are no known defects in the bag.

I do not know if this was the original cargo bag for the Vixen or not. I haven’t looked very close, but it looks like it would fit a Model IV and be more appropriate to size and capacity. I have noted the baggage sack for the Model IV sells for $195 and the 5-7 is $295 (which is what I paid for the new large bag).

I would recommend shipping without the wood floor. With just the bag it would make a small package for shipping. Also, I would suggest going back with 1/4” Luan plywood because it would be lighter and warp less than the original Masonite floor. However, I will ship according to the buyers request. Feel free to ask any questions.

I am asking $100 firm plus actual shipping costs.

Thanks!

Travis Very Happy

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 7.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.05 KB
 Viewed:  971 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 7.JPG

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 6.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.88 KB
 Viewed:  945 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 6.JPG

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.91 KB
 Viewed:  910 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 5.jpg

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.37 KB
 Viewed:  892 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 4.JPG

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.67 KB
 Viewed:  902 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 3.JPG

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.3 KB
 Viewed:  951 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 2.JPG

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.99 KB
 Viewed:  907 Time(s)

REDUCED Kitfox Bag 1.jpg

Continental IO-240, Prince P-Tip Prop
ADI-II Autopilot
AnyWhereMap Navigation with weather
www.enotam.net (My Flying Info Website)

Last edited by FlyboyTR on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
matronics(at)bob.brennan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Hi Travis - yes I am interested and the price is ok, I need to just confirm the measurements first to see if it will fit. From your posting below it sounds like it is 14" deep at the top and 18" square at the bottom? Do you have any pix?

Quote:
From the top seat tube on my Model 2 to the next horizontal frame tube, which is the front of the fuselage top fabric, is 17". There is a diagonal tube in the center that goes from that back tube forward and down and looks like it would prevent a bag unless the bag was in 2 sections. Also the flaperon control tubes move through that area when the wings fold so I assume the bag would need to be removed before folding.

Has anyone else put a storage bag in a model 1, 2 or 3? I know the McBeans sell 2 bags but neither are for anything pre-model IV.

Bob Brennan
1991 UK Model 2 Kitfox
Rotax 582 with 3 blade prop
Wrightsville Pa

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

shinco(at)bright.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Bob Brennan wrote:
[quote]

Hi Travis - yes I am interested and the price is ok, I need to just confirm the measurements first to see if it will fit. From your posting below it sounds like it is 14" deep at the top and 18" square at the bottom? Do you have any pix?

>From the top seat tube on my Model 2 to the next horizontal frame tube, which is the front of the fuselage top fabric, is 17". There is a diagonal tube in the center that goes from that back tube forward and down and looks like it would prevent a bag unless the bag was in 2 sections. Also the flaperon control tubes move through that area when the wings fold so I assume the bag would need to be removed before folding.

Has anyone else put a storage bag in a model 1, 2 or 3? I know the McBeans sell 2 bags but neither are for anything pre-model IV.

Bob Brennan
1991 UK Model 2 Kitfox
Rotax 582 with 3 blade prop
Wrightsville Pa

--

FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Bob,
I noted you do not have a PM. Please PM me with your regular email address and I'll send you measurements and pictures.

Travis

ADI-II Autopilot
corbob13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Bob,
I have a bag installed on my Model II; it's not factory, I made it myself. If you know the depth you're looking for and the floor size that you want (mine is 14" square if my memory works well) you can measure where you want it to attach within the frame work behind the seat and sketch it up. Use the sketch to determine the size and shape of the panels then cut and sew. I used black duck cloth for the bag and some shoe laces for attaching at the front (seat end) and velcro for the back (aft end) all from the fabric store. It's not awesome but does well for holding a spare quart of oil, a few tools and documents. My description isn't the best but if you're interested in photos let me know, I'll take a few next time I'm at the hanger. Yes, it needs to be removed for the wings to fold.

N903DB
Kitfox Model II, Rotax 582
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Bob,
I got the email you sent me, but all the return emails with pictures, etc have been rejected. That address is tied back to the Matronic's list. Please PM or email me again and "type" your email address. Thanks.

Travis

ADI-II Autopilot
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE Reply with quote

Just wanted to update this post.

The Storage Bag is still available and is FOR SALE!

After some searching, Bob discovered he could not use it in a Model II.

Thanks!

Travis Very Happy

ADI-II Autopilot
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (***NEW*** PICTURES ATTACHED Reply with quote

A shameless bump! Embarassed Bag is still for sale. Thanks.

Travis Very Happy

ADI-II Autopilot
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (***NEW*** PICTURES ATTACHED Reply with quote

I still have this bag for sale. Please email me or PM if interested. Thanks!

Travis Very Happy

ADI-II Autopilot
FlyboyTR

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (PICTURES ATTACHED) Reply with quote

PRICE DROP... $75 and actual shipping costs. Thanks.

Travis Very Happy

ADI-II Autopilot
peridans

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Luggage/Cargo Bag FOR SALE (PICTURES ATTACHED) Reply with quote

Could you advise some quality fanny pack for sale? Maybe you've seen these bags on the belt are worn by Rihanna, Rita Ora, Bella Hadid, Kelly Rowland, Fergie, and even Jared Leto! But a model Kendall Jenner is undoubtedly the most fanny pack fangirl, who seems to have collected all the shapes, sizes, brands and colors of the waist packs. Sure, I will not build such a collection, but I would buy a couple of interesting models)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: