Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To those waiting to fly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coloradodan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: To those waiting to fly Reply with quote

I wanted to post my first flight experience in the 801 in case any one was interested.

2 words...Super Sweet! This plane is so stable and just flat out fun I was giddy the whole time. Started to roll up to 55knots, had set the trim, just a tiny back pressure for a split second and the wheels broke free and off she went. The trim was right on and no other input was required for the great practically hands off climb out. i needed about a quarter pedal right rudder, which was quite a bit less or it felt like quite a bit less than a 172. I was used to my CH 2000, so getting to pattern by the end of the runway was a real treat. Crosswind to Downwind was so nice and smooth, I was very pleased with the very light control input pressure.
I decided to ease the power out before and as I passed the numbers (despite what I had read in some accounts) on downwind, pointed the nose down and turned base just about a 1/2 mile off the end of the runway. I held about 1000 rpm (on a O-360) but with the pitch decided I didn't need it and pulled it out.
I took it down to about the same 10-12 feet I was used to in the 2000, small flare and held the nose back to the mains made contact. The front wheel as I had read did come down almost immediately but not hard or bouncy way like I had imagined from all the articles etc...
Off again in an instant and back around 10 more times. The second time I did get the bouncy wheels and decided to let the pressure down after 3 more tries. The lower pressure (18 psi) was a good move but I think a little lower will be perfect.

I have to tell you guys it was great, I felt like a kid. Writing this now I'm still smiling. So if you haven't flown her yet boy are you in for a treat.
I haven't been this excited to get to the airport in a long time.

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

Coloradodan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: To those waiting to fly Reply with quote

Note: I bought this 801 complete, I'm a flyer not a builder, much respect to you guys that can get it done!

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: To those waiting to fly Reply with quote

Too Kool,,, flying a plane you built is right up there in the WOW scale for sure... have fun.
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

-- "Coloradodan" <dfanning1(at)gmail.com> wrote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Coloradodan" <dfanning1(at)gmail.com>

I wanted to post my first flight experience in the 801 in case any one was interested.

2 words...Super Sweet! This plane is so stable and just flat out fun I was giddy the whole time. Started to roll up to 55knots, had set the trim, just a tiny back pressure for a split second and the wheels broke free and off she went. The trim was right on and no other input was required for the great practically hands off climb out. i needed about a quarter pedal right rudder, which was quite a bit less or it felt like quite a bit less than a 172. I was used to my CH 2000, so getting to pattern by the end of the runway was a real treat. Crosswind to Downwind was so nice and smooth, I was very pleased with the very light control input pressure.
I decided to ease the power out before and as I passed the numbers (despite what I had read in some accounts) on downwind, pointed the nose down and turned base just about a 1/2 mile off the end of the runway. I held about 1000 rpm (on a O-360) but with the pitch decided I didn't need it and pulled it out.
I took it down to about the same 10-12 feet I was used to in the 2000, small flare and held the nose back to the mains made contact. The front wheel as I had read did come down almost immediately but not hard or bouncy way like I had imagined from all the articles etc...
Off again in an instant and back around 10 more times. The second time I did get the bouncy wheels and decided to let the pressure down after 3 more tries. The lower pressure (18 psi) was a good move but I think a little lower will be perfect.

I have to tell you guys it was great, I felt like a kid. Writing this now I'm still smiling. So if you haven't flown her yet boy are you in for a treat.
I haven't been this excited to get to the airport in a long time.

--------
1.5 hours of taxi time.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=191365#191365

_-========================================================================bsp; &n========================; - List Contributi   &nbsp======================================================

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: To those waiting to fly Reply with quote

Oops, I should have read the next matronics posting.... <Sad(
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

-- "Coloradodan" <dfanning1(at)gmail.com> wrote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Coloradodan" <dfanning1(at)gmail.com>

Note: I bought this 801 complete, I'm a flyer not a builder, much respect to you guys that can get it done!

--------
1.5 hours of taxi time.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=191366#191366
========================; - The Zenith701801-List===============================================================================================

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: