Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

701 weight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsmith3rd(at)earthlink.ne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: 701 weight? Reply with quote

do not archive

There is another possibility.....the scales themselves.

The half-dozen or so weighings I have been associated with (I did the hard part...held the clipboard & pencil)used several types of scales. Bathroom scales are not the most accurate things on the planet.

Once, a Cub got weighed four times on four different scales and we got four results. The difference was nearly 100 pounds, lightest to heaviest. Biggest problm is that these scales are not "linear"....they may be close at 50#, and again at 75#, but way out in left field thereafter.

If a real "platform" (beam) scale can be located this would be the better approach.

One fellow I know has three platforms, has several pieces of plate steel for calibrators, and also has several empty 5-gallon plastic buckets that can be filled with gravel. There is enough room on one of these feed store platform scales to stack several buckets of gravel.
The process is to start with one KNOWN 50-pound weight; replace it with a bucket of gravel...removing or replacing pebbles until it weighs exactly as much as the known item. Several calibrated buckets, all on the scale at the same time, should indicate on the scale the sum of all the buckets placed there. This proves the scale from light to heavy loads.

Not sure I'd want to do a Weight & Balance without being sure of the scales.

You can usually get the U S Post Office to weigh an item and tell you, to the ounce, its weight.
There are probably other places with accurate scales.....maybe your medical doctor. Any decent "beam" scale is probably much more accurate than spring scales.

Rocket science!

Hope this is helpful,

Zed

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: