Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

autopilots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wade

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: autopilots Reply with quote

I've convinced myself that an autopilot is now a 'must have' item. The apparent choices seem to be Trio's EZpilot, or TruTrac's Pictoral Pilot II. Any Pro/Con comments on either. Or alternatives.

Dennis
RV6 - SE VA

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
flybill2usa(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: autopilots Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Dennis

Have you considered the Dynon AP which sounds too good to be true especially if you are using the Dynon D100 for your primary instrument package. It won't be out until the fall apparently but they are now accepting orders I believe. I agree the an AP is a must have item, particularly if you plan to do much IFR work with it. These airplanes are such good cross country machines, an AP for about 3 grand ($1,500 for the fancy Dynon AP76 and $750 each for 2 servos) is too good a tool to pass up even on a nice sunny VFR day. If it works as good as the rest of their stuff supposedly does.

Bill
RV-7 Finish kit
South Fork, CO

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tonyplane(at)bellsouth.ne

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: autopilots Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
I have been using a Trio EZ Pilot II in my Zodiac 601XL for 374 hours. Never a problem. EZ to install. Works as advertised and would do it again. I would highly recommend an AP. I can have the data stream sent to the AP either via my GPS296 or via my BM EFIS via a switch on the panel.Tony GrazianoZodiac 601XL; N493TG----------------------------I've convinced myself that an autopilot is now a 'must have' item. The
apparent choices seem to be Trio's EZpilot, or TruTrac's Pictoral Pilot
II. Any Pro/Con comments on either. Or alternatives.

Dennis
RV6 - SE VA
I have been using a Trio EZ Pilot II in my Zodiac 601XL for 374 hours.

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: