Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotax 10k hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kissell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Rotax 10k hours Reply with quote

Read Brandon's post regarding 10,000 hours on Rotax 914, amazing! As a Rotax 912ULS and CH701SP driver I would really like to know more about the service interval, oils used (synthetic or blended) and fuel type (leaded or unleaded). I can't think of a more harsh environment and experience gained there would be of great help to all the other Rotax drivers here. Thanks to Brandon for the info..

Bob Kissell N701UB, Dayton Ohio
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
kissell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Rotax 10k hours Reply with quote

Read Brandon's post regarding 10,000 hours on Rotax 914, amazing! As a Rotax 912ULS and CH701SP driver I would really like to know more about the service interval, oils used (synthetic or blended) and fuel type (leaded or unleaded). I can't think of a more harsh environment and experience gained there would be of great help to all the other Rotax drivers here. Thanks to Brandon for the info..

Bob Kissell N701UB, Dayton Ohio
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Rotax 10k hours Reply with quote

I'm pleased that Brandon's unit is getting such reliable service from these engines, but I think you'll find that they do not use the same engine for 10K hours. His message said they had 10K hours on the airftame, which is remarkable but I think they change out the engines for new on a regular schedule.
[quote] ---

btucke73(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Rotax 10k hours Reply with quote

Dave,

You are correct, and I probably should have highlighted that. The top end of the engines are dissassembled, cleaned, and adjusted at 360 and 720 hours. I think they are replaced at 1000, but really don't know. -I'm just a pilot, ya' know... I did inspect an engine during a 720 that had just been cleaned. It looked new.

I am under contract for a specific unit, but I work for the company that makes the Pred. There are airframes all over the world that have thousands of hours on them. My point was that the failure rate of the Rotax power plant in our installation is almost nil.

Bob,

I'm sure we use whatever the recommended oil from Rotax is. We run 100LL. The engine is slightly modified with our proprietary fuel injection system, different turbo, and our own variable pitch prop.

I am proud of the Corvair I built for my plane - but would have gone with the Rotax, if I wasn't "wife and 2 kids" poor...

R/

Brandon

I'm pleased that Brandon's unit is getting such reliable service from
these engines, but I think you'll find that they do not use the same
engine for 10K hours. His message said they had 10K hours on the
airftame, which is remarkable but I think they change out the engines
for new on a regular schedule.

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: