visors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
evmeg(at)snowcrest.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: visors Reply with quote

Has anybody come up with a good way of installing sun visors? ....Maybe they are just not necessary in the RV 10 but I sure use them a lot in my C-150 so it seems likely I will want them. I will be installing my roof section in a couple of weeks and got to thinking about this just because I have been looking at that thing.....I cant wait to get it out of my way and on the airplane where it belongs.
Cheers...
Evan Johnson
www.evansaviationproducts.com
(530)247-0375
(530)351-1776 cell

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim(at)MyRV10.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: visors Reply with quote

You read my mind Evan. Just last evening while flying around in the
setting sun, I thought to myself "Man, this thing really needs
sunvisors." Mounting them shouldn't be too bad, because you
can probably just screw them into the thick part of the canopy, but
there might have to be some engineering as to the angles that the
visors are attached and how they move.

I'll be trying to figure something out soon, but if others find
a good solution, post it here.
--
Tim Olson -- Flying RV-10
#40170
www.evansaviationproducts.com <http://www.evansaviationproducts.com>
(530)247-0375
(530)351-1776 cell

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Deems Davis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: visors Reply with quote

Rosen makes a great 3 axis articulating visor that I installed on my
Bonanza and Baron, they work great and should be easy to install. They
are a bit pricey, This would be a GREAT opportunity for someone with a
machine shop capability to produce something for the RV-10 (Zack????),
the components are not complex, just require some precision machining,
and the plexi is relatively cheap.

Deems

Finishing wings, Starting Fuse
http://deemsrv10.com/

Tim Olson wrote:

Quote:

You read my mind Evan. Just last evening while flying around in the
setting sun, I thought to myself "Man, this thing really needs
sunvisors." Mounting them shouldn't be too bad, because you
can probably just screw them into the thick part of the canopy, but
there might have to be some engineering as to the angles that the
visors are attached and how they move.

I'll be trying to figure something out soon, but if others find
a good solution, post it here.
--
Tim Olson -- Flying RV-10
#40170
do not archive
Evan and Megan Johnson wrote:

> Has anybody come up with a good way of installing sun visors?
> ....Maybe they are just not necessary in the RV 10 but I sure use
> them a lot in my C-150 so it seems likely I will want them. I will be
> installing my roof section in a couple of weeks and got to thinking
> about this just because I have been looking at that thing.....I cant
> wait to get it out of my way and on the airplane where it belongs.
> Cheers...
> Evan Johnson
> www.evansaviationproducts.com <http://www.evansaviationproducts.com>
> (530)247-0375
> (530)351-1776 cell

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
jwadejr(at)direcway.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: visors Reply with quote

Rosen visors are the best and angles are not a problem as they articulate every direction. The best part is you can look right through them for traffic and such. I have a set in my 210 and plan to put them in the RV- 10. By the way, congrats on the flight. So envious.
Jim
40383
Do not archive

[i]----

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours