Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell

paul.mcallister

Location: Waukesha, WI USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone in the US would have a fixed pitch propeller that
they would sell, or lend.... preferable sell.

I have sent my Airmaster back to NZ to have some work done and the typical
door to door turn around time is 6 weeks. That's a long time to be without a
"Europa drug fix"

Just as an aside, I am in the middle of negotiating for the purchase of a
second hand 912. I intend to set this up on an engine stand and experiment
with fuel injection. Assuming that I can make it work and I can convince
myself that it will be reliable I will fit it up to my 914. Other than
attaching a propeller to it I don't know how else I will be able to place a
load on the engine. Anyhow, if the project ever gets off the ground I'll
let the forum know.

Cheers, Paul

europabill(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell Reply with quote

Paul,

I'm sure you've probably seen this web site on fuel injection for the 912,
but just in case.....

http://www.rotaxking.com/
Bill
A010
Classic Monowheel, Rotax 912S
(Sanding, filling, sanding, filling, sanding.....)

n9zes(at)verizon.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell Reply with quote

Hi, Paul!

Sounds like you're about to have some fun!

I'm highly interested in the fuel injection idea. If I could ditch the carbs on the 912S when we get ours ready to fly, that would be superb.

To start with, I'd look to the motorcycle world for ideas. The Rotax is more similar to a motorcycle engine than a car engine, and many new bikes are fuel injected these days.

Are you looking to go port injected or throttle body?

It seems there should be available an aftermarket fuel injection setup somewhere that could be modified to work on the Rotax. Then you'd have a nice O2 sensor in the exhaust to automatically set mixtures.

Chris

From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister(at)qia.net>
Date: Wed Feb 08 21:18:32 CST 2006
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone in the US would have a fixed pitch propeller that
they would sell, or lend.... preferable sell.

I have sent my Airmaster back to NZ to have some work done and the typical
door to door turn around time is 6 weeks. That's a long time to be without a
"Europa drug fix"

Just as an aside, I am in the middle of negotiating for the purchase of a
second hand 912. I intend to set this up on an engine stand and experiment
with fuel injection. Assuming that I can make it work and I can convince
myself that it will be reliable I will fit it up to my 914. Other than
attaching a propeller to it I don't know how else I will be able to place a
load on the engine. Anyhow, if the project ever gets off the ground I'll
let the forum know.

Cheers, Paul

thomas(at)scherer.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell Reply with quote

Allow me to warn about this guy, Jason, who claims "only the facts and no bs" and offers a bolt-on fi (fuel injection) kit for the Rotax. He is a fake. Got his hands on a few military-modified 912's and tries to re-engineer the setup.

He hardly answers eMails or phone calls and has nothing real to offer besides some of those surplus engines. He actually DOES offer a lot of bs.

I would check the setup of Klaus Savier at www.lightspeedengineering.com and get ideas from there. His el ignition can be fitted to the 912 and the same sensor can then be used for the fi unit he is working on. Expensive but promissing.

Just a warning not to waste time on "Rotaxking".

be well,

<Thomas, N81EU>

[quote] ---

paul.mcallister

Location: Waukesha, WI USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Fixed pitch propeller, lend or sell Reply with quote

Thomas,

Yes I have corresponded with "Rotax King" and I couldn't had said it better
myself!!

As far as my endeavor goes, I still have to finalize the deal on the 912.
Its really more of a project since I don't have an airplane to build anymore
and quite frankly I won't be in a hurry to finish..... otherwise I will have
to fine another project Surprised)
Paul

do not archive