Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LASAR CHT with VM1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: LASAR CHT with VM1000 Reply with quote

Fellow listers,

I'm back to the last few electrical connections foreward of the firewall.

Here's one without any instructions (so far that I have):

My LASAR unit came with a double-wired CHT transducer - the correct type for my VM1000.

The SL1-96 upgrade bulletin that came with it doesn't specify the wiring in enough detail - so I'm asking those of you that have this setup running for help.

Here's what I was planning to do so far:

The transducer gets installed in the #3 cylinder head as it has been documented as the hottest. I'm leaving the wiring long enough that I can relocate the transducer later if necessary though.

The CHT has two sets of wires, one with a brown sheath (same color - different material as the VM1000 CHT wiring), which I was planning to connect to my VM1000 wiring harness - red to red and white to white. The other set has a white with red striped sheath and I was planning to connect that set to the LASAR harness - white to white and red to purple.

I sent Unison a request for tech support to their piston mailbox - haven't gotten a response yet.
I didn't find anything in the archives - which may mean that I didn't look for the correct string.

Anyone out there got this configuration working? How did you do it?

Thanks,
Ralph E. Capen
RV6AQB Slider N822AR (at) N06 Moving towards getting the big three bladed fan running!

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: LASAR CHT with VM1000 Reply with quote

Fellow listers,

I'm back to the last few electrical connections foreward of the firewall.

Here's one without any instructions (so far that I have):

My LASAR unit came with a double-wired CHT transducer - the correct type for my VM1000.

The SL1-96 upgrade bulletin that came with it doesn't specify the wiring in enough detail - so I'm asking those of you that have this setup running for help.

Here's what I was planning to do so far:

The transducer gets installed in the #3 cylinder head as it has been documented as the hottest. I'm leaving the wiring long enough that I can relocate the transducer later if necessary though.

The CHT has two sets of wires, one with a brown sheath (same color - different material as the VM1000 CHT wiring), which I was planning to connect to my VM1000 wiring harness - red to red and white to white. The other set has a white with red striped sheath and I was planning to connect that set to the LASAR harness - white to white and red to purple.

I sent Unison a request for tech support to their piston mailbox - haven't gotten a response yet.
I didn't find anything in the archives - which may mean that I didn't look for the correct string.

Anyone out there got this configuration working? How did you do it?

Thanks,
Ralph E. Capen
RV6AQB Slider N822AR (at) N06 Moving towards getting the big three bladed fan running!

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: