Search found 470 matches
Matronics Email Lists Forum Index
Author Message
  Topic: NTSB releases Tony Kelly probable cause
Bob Collins

Replies: 0

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:47 am   Subject: NTSB releases Tony Kelly probable cause
A lot of fans of VAF might be familiar with Tony Kelly’s crash in Hamilton Township, NJ in September 2013. The discussion of the aftermath online seemed to focus on the RV-7 design.

The lengt ...
  Topic: Reconsider Garmin Purchases
Bob Collins

Replies: 10

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:58 am   Subject: Reconsider Garmin Purchases
Just to put in my plug for the local guy.

When I first read Matt’s post, my thought was, “didn’t buy it from Stein.” Which is why I was also interested in Stein’s response.

Remember, ...
  Topic: re annual C I
Bob Collins

Replies: 5

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:26 am   Subject: re annual C I
I think we’ll get a debate going here, because Part 43 does not apply to:

“(1) Any aircraft for which the FAA has issued an experimental certificate, unless the FAA has previously issu ...
  Topic: Eust
Bob Collins

Replies: 1

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:49 am   Subject: Eust
Old-timers may remember Eustace Bohay, who was one of the early adopters of
sharing RV building expertise with others online. He was a big poster on the
Matronics list back in the day, and was quite ...
  Topic: 406 ELT and batteries
Bob Collins

Replies: 8

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:39 am   Subject: 406 ELT and batteries
Don't forget that we're only allowed to use HALF the useful life an ELT
battery or batteries.

On 5/24/2014 8:33 AM, Michael Kraus wrote:

The replacement battery from AS&S is currently ...
  Topic: RV-6A shaky nose wheel
Bob Collins

Replies: 15

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm   Subject: RV-6A shaky nose wheel
The "turn freely" part of this has always confused me. The instructions are
vague on this (tighten to prevent bearing from turning with the wheel) and
seemingly encouraging it to be tight ...
  Topic: RV-List: Engine out over KOCF
Bob Collins

Replies: 0

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:35 pm   Subject: RV-List: Engine out over KOCF
They were attached to the message I got.

Do not archive

From: owner-rv-list-server@matronics.com On Behalf Of R.C ...
  Topic: lightspeed ignition troubleshooting
Bob Collins

Replies: 9

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 am   Subject: lightspeed ignition troubleshooting
If you're getting a spark jumping across the leads, I doubt it's the
coax. You've changed the spark plugs (and the copper washers, right?)
and if you're EGT is going up , those plugs aren't firing ...
  Topic: lightspeed ignition troubleshooting
Bob Collins

Replies: 9

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:34 am   Subject: lightspeed ignition troubleshooting
So when you take the coil-to-plug leads off and you pull the prop
through, you're getting the spark jumping across the leads on the coil,
right? And at the right time?

On 6/24/2013 9:17 AM, R ...
  Topic: locking up the plane
Bob Collins

Replies: 12

From: Tracy ...
  Topic: Avoiding a Flip Over?
Bob Collins

Replies: 5

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:39 am   Subject: Avoiding a Flip Over?
///I think one factor in all of this is that anyone who flips over probably
places a higher priority on safe technique.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. I think one might say people
  Topic: Avoiding a Flip Over?
Bob Collins

Replies: 5

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 am   Subject: Avoiding a Flip Over?
Just curious if you had the MATCO "fix" installed, replacing the designed
axel. When Alex Peterson diagnosed the problem with the nosewheels as
designed a few years ago, and a fix was made ...
  Topic: Lycoming Oil Line question
Bob Collins

Replies: 7

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 pm   Subject: Lycoming Oil Line question
Yep. Same arrangement I got (and paid for) from Mattituck. Not sure who is suggesting you need to rip it out but stop listening to them. :*)

do not archive

From: owner-rv-list-server@m ...
  Topic: Jacks for RV and rides for builders
Bob Collins

Replies: 2

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:18 am   Subject: Jacks for RV and rides for builders
I'm looking for reasonably inexpensive jack solutions for an RV-7A. I know I could google "RV airplane jack" but there are far too many people named "jack" building these thing ...
  Topic: Need new air filter
Bob Collins

Replies: 3

PostForum: RV-List   Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:47 am   Subject: Need new air filter
It looked like the Deepwater Horizon. It was pretty ugly.

do not archive